5G is expected to blend existing technologies (2G, 3G, 4G, Wi-Fi) to allow higher coverage, availability, and network density. The key differentiator will be greater connectivity as an enabler for autonomous vehicles, machine-to-machine/machine-to-infrastructure services, and the Internet of Things. Highly automated cars are in the development stage with promise to commercialize by 2020. 5G will play a vital role in adoption. This study identifies the various segments, potential use cases, and growth areas, concluding with 3 big predictions.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer:
- What are the technical specifications of 5G?
- What are the various use cases that is 5G can support in the automotive space?
- When will the OEMs and service providers switch to 5G?
- Which service provider is the market leader in 5G and which country is likely to deploy 5G first?
Commercialization of 5G
2. Research Scope, Objectives, Background, and Methodology
Research Scope and Objectives
Geographic Definitions and Research Timeline
Research Aim and Objectives
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
3. Overview of LTE-A
LTE-A Specification (Spec)
LTE-A Global Plans
Moving towards LTE-B
4. Market Analysis
5G Use Cases
First Movers in 5G
Automotive Use Cases
5G for OTA Updates
5G in Autonomous/Connected Vehicle
5G Wearable Technology
5G on Augmented Reality
Ericsson Work on 5G
5. Key Conclusions
Last Word - 3 Big Predictions
Table of Acronyms Used