This report is the result of extensive research covering the wealth market in the United Arab Emirates. The report covers wealth trends in the country over the past 10 years, with projections for the next 10 years.
Scope of Report:
- General wealth trends in the UAE over the past 10 years.
- City wealth breakdowns for the UAE.
- HNWI trends in the UAE over the past 10 years.
- HNWI migration trends in the UAE over the past 10 years.
- Asset allocations and behavioural mapping of HNWIs in the UAE.
- Demographics of UAE HNWIs including: city, degree and sector breakdowns.
- Review of the local art, prime real estate and wealth management sector.
- The UAE is the largest wealth market in the Middle East and the 26th largest worldwide (in terms of total wealth held). Notably, it ranks ahead of the likes of Poland, Turkey, Israel, South Africa, Portugal and New Zealand on this measure.
- People living in the UAE together hold US$925 billion in net assets (or wealth). Around US$470 billion (51%) of this is held by HNWIs.
- The average person living in the UAE has net assets of approximately US$99,000 (wealth per capita). This is well above the worldwide average.
- There are approximately 88,700 HNWIs living in the UAE, each with net assets of US$1 million or more.
- There are approximately 3,800 multi-millionaires living in the UAE, each with net assets of US$10 million or more.
- There are 240 centi-millionaires living in the UAE, each with net assets of US$100 million or more.
- There are 13 billionaires living in the UAE, each with net assets of US$1 billion or more.
1.1 What is this Report About?
1.2 Notes and Definitions
2 Wealth Sector Fundamentals
2.1 Regional landscape
2.2 Economic Review
2.3 Benchmarking UAE’s Wealth in Context
2.3.1 World statistics
2.3.2 Distribution of wealth in the UAE
2.3.3 Wealth trends in the UAE
3 The wealthiest cities in the UAE
4 HNWI trends in the UAE
4.1 Behavioral mapping and asset allocations
4.2 Demographics of UAE HNWIs
4.2.1 Educational background
4.2.2 Industry breakdown
4.3 HNWI migration trends
4.4 Prime real estate
4.6 Luxury sector
4.7 Wealth management
5 Taxation in the UAE
6 About the Publisher
List of Tables
Table 1: UAE: Wealth band definitions
Table 2: UAE: City wealth breakdown, 2017
Table 3: UAE: HNWIs – Distribution by area of study, 2017
Table 4: UAE: HNWIs – Distribution by level of education, 2017
Table 5: UAE: HNWIs – Distribution by industry, 2017
List of Figures
Figure 1: UAE: Map of country
Figure 2: UAE: Behavioral mapping of the different wealth bands, 2017
- Credit Suisse
- Emirates NBD
- Julius Baer
- National Bank of Abu Dhabi
- Standard Chartered