Emerging trends which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the construction industry include increasing demand for green construction to reduce carbon footprint, bridge lock-up device systems to enhance the life of structures, building information systems for efficient building management, and the use of fiber-reinforced polymer composites for the rehabilitation of aging structures.
A total of 75 figures/charts and 54 tables are provided in this 168-page report to help in your business decisions. The study includes the construction industry size and forecast for the global construction industry through 2023 segmented by type and region, as follows:
Construction Industry by Type [Value ($ Billion) from 2012 to 2023]:
- Transport Infrastructure
- Roads and Bridges
- Power and Energy
- Water and Wastewater
- United States
- United Kingdom
- United Arab Emirates
On the basis of comprehensive research, the analyst forecasts that the residential segment is expected to show above average growth during the forecast period.
Within the global construction industry, the residential segment is expected to remain the largest segment. Financing for residential construction projects has become available with improvements in market fundamentals, like lower interest rates.
APAC is expected to remain the largest market during the forecast period mainly due to the increasing urbanization, higher expenditure on infrastructural development, and affordable housing projects.
Some of the features of “Growth Opportunities in the Global Construction Industry 2018-2023: Trends, Forecast, and Opportunity Analysis” include:
- Market size estimates: Global construction industry size estimation in terms of value ($B) shipment.
- Trend and forecast analysis: Market trend (2012-2017) and forecast (2018-2023) by segments and region.
- Segmentation analysis: Global construction industry market size by various applications such as type in terms of value and volume shipment.
- Regional analysis: Global construction industry breakdown by North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World.
- Growth opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities in different applications and regions of construction in the global construction industry.
- Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape of construction in the global construction industry.
- Analysis of the competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter’s Five Forces model.
Q.1. What are some of the most promising, high-growth opportunities for global construction industry by type (residential, non-residential, and infrastructure) and region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World)?
Q.2. Which product segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
Q.3. Which region will grow at a faster pace and why?
Q.4. What are the key factors affecting market dynamics? What are the drivers, challenges, and business risks in this market?
Q.5. What are the business risks and competitive threats in this construction market?
Q.6. What are the emerging trends in this construction market and the reasons behind them?
Q.7. What are some of the changing demands of customers in the construction market?
Q.8. What are the new developments in the construction market and which companies are leading these developments?
Q.9. Who are the major players in this construction market? What strategic initiatives are being taken by key companies for business growth?
Q.10. What are some of the competing products in this construction market and how big of a threat do they pose for loss of market share by product substitution?
Q.11. What M&A activities have occurred in the last 5 years in this construction market?
2. Market Background and Classifications
2.1: Introduction, Background, and Classifications
2.2: Supply Chain
2.3: Industry Drivers and Challenges
3. Market Trends and Forecast Analysis from 2012 to 2023
3.1: Macroeconomic Trends and Forecast
3.2: Global Construction Industry Trends and Forecast
3.3: Global Construction Industry by Type
4. Market Trends and Forecast Analysis by Region
4.1: Global Construction Industry by Region
4.2: North American Construction Industry
4.2.1: Market by Type: Residential, Non-Residential (Healthcare, Education, Hospitality, Retail, Office, and Others), and Infrastructure
4.2.2: The United States Construction Industry
4.2.3: The Canadian Construction Industry
4.2.4: The Mexican Construction Industry
4.3: European Construction Industry
4.3.1: Market by Type: Residential, Non-Residential (Healthcare, Education, Hospitality, Retail, Office, and Others), and Infrastructure
4.3.2: Construction Industry of Germany
4.3.3: The French Construction Industry
4.3.4: Construction Industry of the United Kingdom
4.3.5: The Russian Construction Industry
4.3.6: The Spanish Construction Industry
4.3.7: The Italian Construction Industry
4.4: APAC Construction Industry
4.4.1: Market by Type: Residential, Non-Residential (Healthcare, Education, Hospitality, Retail, Office, and Others), and Infrastructure
4.4.2: The Chinese Construction Industry
4.4.3: Japanese Construction industry
4.4.4: Indian Construction Industry
4.5: ROW Construction Industry
4.5.1: Market by Type: Residential, Non-Residential (Healthcare, Education, Hospitality, Retail, Office, and Others), and Infrastructure
4.5.2: Brazilian Construction industry
4.5.3: Construction Industry of the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
5. Competitor Analysis
5.1: Product Portfolio Analysis
5.2: Market Share Analysis
5.3: Geographical Reach
5.4: Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
6. Cost Structure Analysis
6.1: Cost of Goods Sold
6.3: EBITDA Margin
7. Growth Opportunities and Strategic Analysis
7.1: Growth Opportunity Analysis
7.1.1: Growth Opportunities for the Global Construction Industry by Type
7.1.2: Growth Opportunities for the Global Construction Industry by Region
7.2: Emerging Trends in the Global Construction Industry
7.3: Strategic Analysis
7.3.1: Emerging Projects in the Global Construction Industry by Major Players
7.3.2: Certification and Licensing
7.3.3: Mergers, Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures in the Global Construction Industry
7.3.4: Technology Development
8. Company Profiles of Leading Players
8.1: China State Construction Engineering Corporation
8.2: China Railway Group Limited
8.3: VINCI SA
8.4: China Railway Construction Corp. Limited
8.5: Metallurgical Corporation of China
8.6: HOCHTIEF AG
8.7: Bouygues SA
8.8: Skanska AB
8.9: Obayashi Corporation
8.10: Grupo ACS
8.11: Pulte Group, Inc.
8.12: D.R. Horton, Inc.
*Full List of Tables and Figures Available on Enquiry.
- China State Construction Engineering Corporation
- China Railway Group Limited
- VINCI SA
- China Railway Construction Corp. Limited
- Metallurgical Corporation of China
- HOCHTIEF AG
- Bouygues SA
- Skanska AB
- Obayashi Corporation
- Grupo ACS
- Pulte Group, Inc.
- D.R. Horton, Inc.
The analyst has been in the business of market research and management consulting since 2000 and has published over 600 market intelligence reports in various markets/applications and served over 1,000 clients worldwide. Each study is a culmination of four months of full-time effort performed by the analyst team. The analysts used the following sources for the creation and completion of this valuable report:
- In-depth interviews of the major players in the market
- Detailed secondary research from competitors’ financial statements and published data
- Extensive searches of published works, market, and database information pertaining to industry news, company press releases, and customer intentions
- A compilation of the experiences, judgments, and insights of professionals, who have analyzed and tracked the market over the years.
Extensive research and interviews are conducted in the supply chain of the market to estimate market share, market size, trends, drivers, challenges and forecasts.
Thus, the analyst compiles vast amounts of data from numerous sources, validates the integrity of that data, and performs a comprehensive analysis. The analyst then organizes the data, its findings, and insights into a concise report designed to support the strategic decision-making process.