The Software-defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) market has evolved from the early adopter stage to the early growth stage of the product lifecycle.
The previous survey, in 2016, provided insights into the SD-WAN market as it was navigating through the early adopter stage. In the last two years, enterprise decision makers have equipped themselves with a much better understanding of the benefits that SD-WAN brings to enterprise WANs. SD-WAN vendors and managed SD-WAN providers alike report witnessing a surge in sales and actual deployments. The 2018 SD-WAN survey validates market trends, and captures insights into future adoption trends.
In this report, we provide a detailed analysis of the 2018 SD-WAN survey results that focus on enterprises’ current and planned adoption strategies for SD-WAN; perceived enterprise benefits of SD-WAN; and the criteria that network/IT decision-makers use while evaluating an SD-WAN vendor.
1. Executive Summary
2. Survey Methodology
- Survey Methodology & Respondents’ Demographics
3. U.S. SD-WAN Adoption Trends
- SD-WAN Adoption Trends (U.S.), 2018
- SD-WAN Adoption by Verticals (U.S.), 2018
- SD-WAN Adoption by Company Sites (U.S.), 2018
4. Network Services Choice with SD-WAN
5. SD-WAN Drivers & Vendor Selection Criteria
- Key Reasons Compelling Enterprises to Adopt SD-WAN (U.S.), 2018
- SD-WAN Vendor Selection Criteria (U.S.), 2018
6. SD-WAN Buying Preference
- SD-WAN Buying Preferences: Fully Managed SD-WAN on the Rise (U.S.), 2018
- Reasons Compelling Enterprises to Buy Fully Managed SD-WAN (U.S.), 2018
- Legal Disclaimer