This report is an analysis of participants engaged in the fabrication of liftgates mounted on light-, medium- and heavy-duty straight trucks, cargo vans, and trailers.
Included are key segmentations by load-bearing capacity and material, as well as competitive shares, demand factors, trends, outlook through 2022, and profiles on eight major liftgate manufacturers.
Market size estimates are broken out by load-bearing capacities:
- Light-duty liftgates, with capacities under 1,600 lbs., are primarily used on pickup trucks, cargo vans and service trucks.
- Medium-duty liftgates, with capacities between 1,600 and 4,500 lbs., are used with dry freight vans, cargo vans and semi-trailers.
- Heavy-duty liftgates, with load-bearing capacities over 4,500 lbs., are used for bulky and palletized loads, with dry freight vans, cargo vans, and semi-trailers.
Demand for liftgates moves in tandem with demand for several truck body types, primarily pickup trucks and van bodies. Van bodies are used in general freight movement, moving and storage, parcel delivery and food distribution industries. Commercial fleet owners and individuals who handle heavy and bulky cargo constitute the customer base for liftgates. Growth in the economy and an upward trend in general freight movement are some of the key demand drivers in the liftgate segment.
The report can be put to immediate use for sales and market planning, M&A identification, competitive share analysis, alliances and technology transfer considerations.
*This report can also be purchased in sections, please enquire for details.
2 Product Types
3 Market Size Estimates - Units & Dollars 2017
3.1 Market Size: By Liftgate Type
3.2 Market Size: By Material
3.3 Market Size: By Liftgate Type & Material
3.4 Market Size Estimates: Historical - 2012 - 2016
4 Market Shares: Competitive Analysis in Units & Dollars
4.1 Manufacturers by Type
4.2 Manufacturers’ Product Mix
4.3 Market Shares: All
4.4 Market Shares: By Liftgate Type
4.5 Market Shares: By Material
4.6 Market Shares: By Liftgate Type & Material
5 Market Shares: By Liftgate Type
5.1 Light-Duty Liftgates
5.1.1 Light-Duty Liftgates: By Material
5.2 Medium-Duty Liftgates
5.2.1 Medium-Duty Liftgates: By Material
5.3 Heavy-Duty Liftgates
5.3.1 Heavy-Duty Liftgates: By Material
6 Market Analysis
6.1 Distribution Channels
6.2 Average Price
7 Market Dynamics & Demand Factors
8 Outlook 2018 - 2022
9 Production by Region
10 Key Manufacturer Data
10.1 Key Manufacturer Data: Alphabetical Order
10.2 Key Manufacturer Data: Rank Order - Units
11 Manufacturer Profiles (8 companies profiled)
List of Excel worksheets in Data Tables section:
- Summary Totals - units, dollars & average price
- Units - Alpha All manufacturers in alphabetical order - units
- Dollars - Alpha All manufacturers in alphabetical order - dollars
- Units - Rank All manufacturers in rank order of units
- Dollars - Rank All manufacturers in rank order of dollar value of sales
- Mfr. Location All manufacturer locations - city and state