The NACHA Operating Rules need to be followed by all financial institutions who process ACH transactions. This webinar will provide all the details necessary to help them stay in compliance with all the changes coming in 2018.
Why Should You Attend:
This webinar will outline the upcoming 2018 NACHA rule changes and review in detail the significant 2017 changes. The topics covered will include: the new and recently approved third-party sender registration rule details, effective in 2017; 2016 significant rules changes including unauthorized entry charges for ODFIs, changes to return thresholds for ODFI, and Same Day ACH requirement (which is a three-phase process Sept 2016 thru Mar 2018).
This 90-minute session will make attendees aware of the changes to take place in 2018.
- Details of the third-party sender registration process – just approved
- List of unauthorized entries that pose a charge to the ODFI
- Effect of the unauthorized entry charges to the RDFI
- Describe the impact of the return thresholds and how this affects the ODFI
- Breakdown of the Same Day ACH outline and it’s three-phase approach
- Impact on funds availability and settlement with the RDFI and receiver with Same Day ACH
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- 2017 third-party sender registration – new rule with details
- 2016 significant changes and how they affect each participant
- Details on the return thresholds and the rules enforcement process surrounding them
- Charges for unauthorized entries, what are the return reason codes to monitor
- Disclosure requirements for POS entries
Ms Donna Olheiser,
Vice President of Education Services and founder ,
Dynamic Mastership, LLC.
Donna K Olheiser, AAP, is the Vice President of Education Services and founder for Dynamic Mastership, LLC. She is an enthusiastic and energetic Certified Master Trainer with over 14 years’ experience, she designed and facilitated over 150 training sessions each year with her expertise being the Rules for companies and financial institutions when processing electronic (specifically ACH) payments, then scheduling the events to facilitate/deliver the material through a variety of venues (webinars, tele-seminars, in-person workshops, including regional and national conferences). Donna is also is an experienced Project Manager managing education programs for organizations processing electronic payments and developing personalized training programs for financial institutions. Donna has over 23 years of experience in the financial services industry which includes 9 years’ experience as the Education Service Director at a Regional Payments Association (RPA), where she managed and facilitated the entire Education program for nearly 800 financial institution members. Prior to that, Donna spent 14 years in various departments with the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis and also holds the Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) designation (achieved in 2004). Donna’s extensive knowledge, enthusiasm and passion for transferring payment processing knowledge using the adult learning theory is remarkable and has helped many payment professionals perform daily operational tasks including exception processing while remaining compliant with the NACHA Operating Rules. She uses scenarios and examples to bring the learning home, easy to comprehend and apply to real-life day-to-day ACH processing. Donna’s ability to engage the learner through the entire training event helps the adult learner apply what they’ve learned during and after each training session. If you have not attended a session with Donna, you should add at least one session to your “to-do list” in 2015, definitely worth your investment!
- Financial institution professionals
- Banking operations managers and staff
- Compliance and risk professionals
- Treasury management professionals
- Aspiring and current AAPs (Accredited ACH Professionals)
- Company/business owners
- Third-party service providers and third-party senders
- Audit and compliance personnel/risk managers
- ACH operations staff
- ACH auditors
- Business development officers
- Presidents/vice presidents