Key features include:
* Case studies that provide a walk through of the design process, highlighting the trade-offs involved.
* Discussion of real world issues such as choice of device, pin-out, power supply, power supply decoupling, signal integrity- for embedding FPGAs within a PCB based design.
With this book engineers will be able to:
* Use PLD technology to develop digital and mixed signal electronic systems
* Develop PLD based designs using both schematic capture and VHDL synthesis techniques
* Interface a PLD to digital and mixed-signal systems
* Undertake complete design exercises from design concept through to the build and test of PLD based electronic hardware
This book will be ideal for electronic and computer engineering students taking a practical or Lab based course on digital systems development using PLDs and for engineers in industry looking for concrete advice on developing a digital system using a FPGA or CPLD as its core.
- Case studies that provide a walk through of the design process, highlighting the trade-offs involved.- Discussion of real world issues such as choice of device, pin-out, power supply, power supply decoupling, signal integrity- for embedding FPGAs within a PCB based design.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Chapter 2 Electronic Systems Design
Chapter 3 PCB Design
Chapter 4 Design Languages
Chapter 5 Introduction to Digital Logic Design (Design Principles)
Chapter 6 Introduction to Digital Logic Design with VHDL
Chapter 7 Introduction to Digital Signal Processing
Chapter 8 Interfacing Digital Logic to the "Real World: A/D Conversion, D/A Conversion and Power Electronics
Chapter 9 Testing the Electronic System
Chapter 10 Systems Level Design
Appendix A Organisations and Standards
Appendix B Programmable Logic Device Vendors
Appendix C Integrated Circuit Package Types
Appendix D Modelling and Simulation Language Summary
Appendix E Introduction to the Design Tools
Appendix F Case Study PCB Designs
Appendix G Chapter 6 VHDL Code Examples
Appendix H Chapter 7 VHDL Code Examples
Appendix I Chapter 8 VHDL Code Examples
Appendix J Chapter 10 Code Examples
Ian A. Grout received his B.Eng in Electronic Engineering (1991) and PhD (1994) from Lancaster University (UK). He has worked in both industry and the academic field in microelectronic circuit and electronics design and test. He currently works in the areas of mixed-signal integrated circuit (IC) design for testability (DfT) and digital electronic circuit design using programmable logic. The author is currently a lecturer within the Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering at the University of Limerick (Ireland). He currently teaches programmable logic and integrated circuit design and test principles within the university and has worked in Limerick since 1998. Prior to this he was a lecturer in the Engineering Department at Lancaster University (UK).