Inflammation is a central mechanism in many neurological diseases, including stroke, multiple sclerosis, and brain trauma as well as meningitis and contributes to the generation of pain. We are now beginning to understand the impact of the immune system on different nervous system functions and diseases, ranging from damage through tolerance to modulation and repair.
This book discusses some of the more common neuro-inflammatory diseases. Topics covered include multiple sclerosis, optic neuritis and Susac syndrome.
- Comprehensive review of the latest developments in neuroinflammation
- Includes contributions from leading authorities
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Multiple Sclerosis
2. Optic neuritis
3. Transverse myelitis
4. Ischemic demyelination
5. Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis
7. Balo concentric sclerosis
8. Neuromyelitis optica (Devic's disease)
9. Necrotizing myelopathy
10. Susac syndrome
11. Central nervous system vasculitis
12. Neuropsychiatric SLE
13. Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy
14. Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome
15. Current treatments for multiple sclerosis
Dr. Minagar is a Professor of Neurology at LSU Health Sciences Center in Shreveport, Louisiana. He's a certified Physician Investigator by Association of Clinical Research Professionals, member of the editorial board of Future Neurology, Neurological Research, and Alzheimer's Disease Research Board. Dr. Minagar is the author of 231 journal articles and 33 book chapters, and editor of 10 books.