The Childrenswear in China report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2013-2017 and analysis by distribution format allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, leading brands, and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market. Forecasts to 2022 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Baby and Toddler Wear, Boys' Apparel, Girls' Apparel.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Childrenswear market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
List of Contents and Tables
- Introduction of the Two-child Policy Stimulates Vigorous Growth
- Increasingly Trendy Designs in Childrenswear
- Competitive Landscape
- Semir Group Maintains Leadership in 2017
- More Apparel Brands Venturing Into Childrenswear
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Childrenswear by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Childrenswear by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 3 Sales of Childrenswear by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 4 Sales of Childrenswear by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Childrenswear: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Childrenswear: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Childrenswear by Category: Volume 2017-2022
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Childrenswear by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Childrenswear by Category: % Volume Growth 2017-2022
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Childrenswear by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Recovery in the Apparel and Footwear Market in 2017
- Childrenswear Enjoys Dramatic Growth in 2017
- Nike (china) Inc Maintains Its Lead in the Highly Fragmented Market
- Internet Retailing Grows Robustly in the New Digital Era
- Overall Market Is Anticipated To See Steady Growth
- Market Data
- Table 11 Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 12 Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 13 Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 14 Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 15 NBO Company Shares of Apparel and Footwear: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 16 LBN Brand Shares of Apparel and Footwear: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 17 Distribution of Apparel and Footwear by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 18 Distribution of Apparel and Footwear by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: Volume 2017-2022
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: % Volume Growth 2017-2022
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Apparel and Footwear by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Summary 1 Research Sources
Childrenswear boasted the best performance within overall apparel in China in 2016, increasing by 7% in current value terms, to reach CNY145.0 billion. The major growth engine was the comparatively higher birth rate in 2016, due partly to the Year of the Monkey, which is perceived as one of the luckier zodiac animals amongst Chinese parents. Moreover, the two-child policy was officially executed from 2016, leading to the birth of second children in some families.
Semir Group held the lead in childrenswear in 2016, accounting for a 5% share of value sales, with its brand Balabala enjoying value growth of 26% in 2016. The company is well-known for its enriched product portfolio, catering to the needs of those aged 0-14, covering apparel, footwear and accessories. It is remarkable for its products incorporating trendy designs and safe materials. The company also adopts a diverse distribution mode, ranging from self-owned specialist stores to franchised stores to online stores.
Childrenswear is expected to maintain a strong value CAGR of 4% at constant 2016 prices in the forecast period, driven by parents’ changing attitudes to consumption. With more middle-class consumers and consumers born in the 1980s and 1990s becoming parents, childrenswear is becoming more fashionable and more comfortable, to cater to the upgraded consumption needs of these parents. Childrenswear from Zara and Burberry, for instance, has had more trendy elements incorporated to attract these parents, whilst more manufacturers are paying attention to the safety and comfort of materials used for baby and toddler wear, especially underwear.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Childrenswear industry in China with research from a team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Childrenswear industry in China, this research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Childrenswear in China market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
The market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Childrenswear in China?
- What are the major brands in China?
- How dynamic is the growth of clothing and footwear internet sales?
- What is the performance of women’s clothing vs men’s clothing?
- What % of clothing and footwear sales goes through grocery retailers?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Apparel and Footwear market research database?