- Trends in vaccine and adjuvant partnering deals
- Partnering agreement structure
- Partnering contract documents
- Top deals by value
- Most active dealmakers
- Average deal terms for vaccines
This report contains a comprehensive listing of all vaccine partnering deals announced since January 2014, including financial terms where available, including over 1100 links to online deal records of actual vaccine partnering deals as disclosed by the deal parties. In addition, where available, records include contract documents as submitted to the Securities Exchange Commission by companies and their partners.
The report takes readers through the vaccine deal trends, key players and top deal values allowing the understanding of how, why and under what terms companies are currently entering vaccine partnering deals.
The report presents average financial deal terms values for vaccine deals, where available listing by overall headline values, upfront payments, milestones and royalties enabling readers to analyse and benchmark the value of current deals.
The middle section of the report explores the leaders in the vaccine partnering field; both the leading deal values and leading players are reported allowing readers to see who is succeeding in this growing market. This chapter also looks at the contributions by the big pharma and big biotech companies of the world in terms of deals made.
One of the key highlights of the report is that over 1100 online deals records of actual vaccine deals as disclosed by the deal parties are included towards the end of the report in a directory format that is easy to reference. Each deal links via Weblink to an online version and all these deals are organized by company A-Z, stage of development at signing, deal type (collaborative R&D, co-promotion, licensing etc), specific therapy and technology focus. In addition the report includes actual contract documents where available as submitted to the Securities Exchange Commission by companies and their deal partners.
Contract documents provide the answers to numerous questions about a prospective partner’s flexibility on a wide range of important issues, many of which will have a significant impact on each party’s ability to derive value from the deal.
Finally the report concludes by looking into the future of vaccine partnering. With so many innovators looking for the next big thing in the field, the report selects companies to watch who are predicted to become big in the field based on their current dealmaking and financial trends.
Throughout the report various tables, figures and graphs are embedded in order to illustrate the trends and partnering activities of the vaccine field.
By the end of the report prospective dealmakers will have gained a thorough understanding of the partnering landscape of the vaccine market and will be familiar with the values and structures of the deals being signed within it.
Global Vaccine Partnering Terms and Agreements 2014-2022: Deal trends, players and financials is intended to provide the reader with an in-depth understanding and access to vaccine trends and structure of deals entered into by leading companies worldwide.
Global Vaccine Partnering Terms and Agreements 2014-2022: Deal trends, players and financials includes:
- Trends in vaccine dealmaking in the biopharma industry since 2014
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Access to over 1100 vaccine deal documents
- The leading vaccine deals by value since 2014
- Most active vaccine dealmakers since 2014
- The leading vaccine partnering resources
In Global Vaccine Partnering Terms and Agreements 2014-2022: Deal trends, players and financials, the available contracts are listed by:
- Company A-Z
- Headline value
- Stage of development at signing
- Deal component type
- Therapy target
- Specific technology type
Each deal title links via weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
The Global Vaccine Partnering Terms and Agreements 2014-2022: Deal trends, players and financials report provides comprehensive access to available deals and contract documents for over 1100 vaccine deals.
Analyzing actual contract agreements allows assessment of the following:
- What are the precise vaccine rights granted or optioned?
- What is actually granted by the agreement to the partner company?
- What exclusivity is granted?
- What is the payment structure for the deal?
- How are sales and payments audited?
- What is the deal term?
- How are the key terms of the agreement defined?
- How are IPRs handled and owned?
- Who is responsible for commercialization?
- Who is responsible for development, supply, and manufacture?
- How is confidentiality and publication managed?
- How are disputes to be resolved?
- Under what conditions can the deal be terminated?
- What happens when there is a change of ownership?
- What sublicensing and subcontracting provisions have been agreed?
- Which boilerplate clauses does the company insist upon?
- Which boilerplate clauses appear to differ from partner to partner or deal type to deal type?
- Which jurisdiction does the company insist upon for agreement law?
Table of Contents
2.2. Vaccines partnering over the years
2.3. Most active Vaccines dealmakers
2.4. Vaccines partnering by deal type
2.5. Vaccines partnering by therapy area
2.6. Deal terms for Vaccines partnering
2.6.1 Vaccines partnering headline values
2.6.2 Vaccines deal upfront payments
2.6.3 Vaccines deal milestone payments
2.6.4 Vaccines royalty rates
3.2. Top Vaccines deals by value
4.2. Most active Vaccines dealmakers
4.3. Most active Vaccines partnering company profiles
5.2. Vaccines contracts dealmaking directory
Appendix 2 - Vaccines deals by stage of development
- Phase I
- Phase II
- Phase III
- Asset purchase
- Bigpharma outlicensing
- Collaborative R&D
- Equity purchase
- Joint venture
- Material transfer
- Spin out
- Technology transfer
- Central Nervous System
- Orphan disease
Appendix 6 - Further reading on dealmaking
Figure 2: Active Vaccines dealmaking activity since 2014
Figure 3: Vaccines partnering by deal type since 2014
Figure 4: Vaccines partnering by disease type since 2014
Figure 5: Vaccines deals with a headline value
Figure 6: Vaccines deals with an upfront value
Figure 7: Vaccines deals with a milestone value
Figure 8: Vaccines deals with a royalty rate value
Figure 9: Top Vaccines deals by value since 2014
Figure 10: Most active Vaccines dealmakers since 2014
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- 3D Medicines
- 4D Pharma
- A*STAR’ Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology
- AGC Biologics
- Agenus Bio
- AIM ImmunoTech
- Akers Biosciences
- Analytical Bio-Chemistry Laboratories
- AnGes MG
- Anixa Biosciences
- Batu Biologics
- CCT Research
- Celldex Therapeutics
- Cellular Biomedicine
- Diavax Biosciences
- DNA Script
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
- Frederick National Laboratory For Cancer Research
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- GISCAD Foundation
- Hefei Sageland Biotechnology
- Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen
- Wyss Institute
- Xenetic Biosciences
- Y-mAbs Therapeutics
- Yale University
- Yamaguchi University
- Yisheng Biopharma
- Zuellig Pharma China
- Zydus Cadila
- ZYUS Life Sciences
- The publisher reports provide insight into the trends and terms of partnering deals in the global life sciences sector.
- The publisher reports are updated every six months to ensure the user has access to the latest announcements and trends in the topic focus of the report.
- The publisher analysts review the deal data to provide an overview and analysis of deal trends, including example deals and terms.
- The publisher reports source deal data from our proprietary deals and alliances database. The database is updated daily by our analysts with new deals as they are announced globally by the company’s party to the deal.
- The data in the deals and alliances database is obtained from secondary sources such as publicly available industry sources including press releases, company presentations, investor presentations, company SEC filings, other company filings, company websites, conference presentations. Sources are identified to allow for user verification.
The publisher provides comprehensive coverage of the following partnering or deal types:
- Asset purchase
- Collaborative R&D
- Contract service
- Equity purchase
- Joint venture
- Royalty financing
- Spin out
- Sub license
Every deal record is fully categorized and includes the following data, where available:
- Industry sector
- Therapy areas
- Technology type
- Deal components
- Financial terms
- Stage of development
- Asset type
- Geographic focus
- Excluded geography
- Company press release
- SEC filing data including contract document
All financial amounts are converted to US$ using the exchange rate available on the date of deal announcement, enabling direct comparison of deal terms across international territories.