- Trends in antibiotics partnering deals
- Disclosed headlines, upfronts, milestones and royalties by stage of development
- Antibiotics partnering contract documents
- Top antibiotics deals by value
The report provides a detailed understanding and analysis of how and why companies enter antibiotics partnering deals. The majority of deals are early development stage whereby the licensee obtains a right or an option right to license the licensors antibiotics technology or product candidates. These deals tend to be multicomponent, starting with collaborative R&D, and commercialization of outcomes.
This report provides details of the latest antibiotics agreements announced in the healthcare sectors, covering:
This report contains over 300 links to online copies of actual antibiotics deals and contract documents as submitted to the Securities Exchange Commission by companies and their partners. Contract documents provide the answers to numerous questions about a prospective partner’s flexibility on a wide range of important issues, many of which will have a significant impact on each party’s ability to derive value from the deal.
Contract documents provide the answers to numerous questions about a prospective partner’s flexibility on a wide range of important issues, many of which will have a significant impact on each party’s ability to derive value from the deal.
For example, analyzing actual company deals and agreements allows assessment of the following:
What is actually granted by the agreement to the partner company?
What exclusivity is granted?
What are the precise rights granted or optioned?
What is the payment structure for the deal?
How are sales and payments audited?
What is the deal term?
How are the key terms of the agreement defined?
How are IPRs handled and owned?
Who is responsible for commercialization?
Who is responsible for development, supply, and manufacture?
How is confidentiality and publication managed?
How are disputes to be resolved?
Under what conditions can the deal be terminated?
What happens when there is a change of ownership?
What sublicensing and subcontracting provisions have been agreed?
Which boilerplate clauses does the company insist upon?
Which boilerplate clauses appear to differ from partner to partner or deal type to deal type?
Which jurisdiction does the company insist upon for agreement law?
The initial chapters of this report provide an orientation of antibiotics dealmaking and business activities.
- Chapter 1 provides an introduction to the report
- Chapter 2 provides an overview of the trends in antibiotics dealmaking since 2010, including details of average headline, upfront, milestone and royalty terms.
- Chapter 3 provides a review of the leading antibiotics deals since 2010. Deals are listed by headline value, signed by big pharma, most active antibiotics dealmaking companies. Where the deal has an agreement contract published at the SEC a link provides online access to the contract.
- Chapter 4 provides a comprehensive listing of the top 25 most active companies in antibiotics dealmaking with a brief summary followed by a comprehensive listing of antibiotics deals, as well as contract documents available in the public domain. Where available, each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the actual contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
- Chapter 5 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of antibiotics partnering deals signed and announced since Jan 2010, where a contract document is available in the public domain. The - Chapter is organized by company A-Z, deal type (collaborative R&D, co-promotion, licensing etc), and specific therapy focus. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
- Chapter 7 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of antibiotics partnering deals signed and announced since Jan 2010. The - Chapter is organized by specific antibiotics technology type in focus. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
The report also includes numerous tables and figures that illustrate the trends and activities in antibiotics partnering and dealmaking since 2010.
In conclusion, this report provides everything a prospective dealmaker needs to know about partnering in the research, development and commercialization of antibiotics technologies and products.
Global Antibiotics Partnering Terms and Agreements 2010 to 2020 is intended to provide the reader with an in-depth understanding and access to antibiotics trends and structure of deals entered into by leading companies worldwide.
Global Antibiotics Partnering Terms and Agreements 2010 to 2020 includes:
- Trends in antibiotics dealmaking in the biopharma industry since 2010
- Analysis of antibiotics deal structure
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Case studies of real-life antibiotics deals
- Access to over 300 antibiotics deal records and contract documents where available
- The leading antibody deals by value since 2010
- Most active antibiotics dealmakers since 2010
- The leading antibiotics partnering resources
- Company A-Z
- Headline value
- Stage of development at signing
- Deal component type
- Specific therapy and technology target
Chapter 1 – Introduction
Chapter 2 – Trends in antibiotics dealmaking
2.2. Antibiotics partnering over the years
2.3. Most active antibiotics dealmakers
2.4. Antibiotics partnering by deal type
2.5. Antibiotics partnering by therapy area
2.6. Antibiotics partnering by industry sector
2.7. Deal terms for antibiotics partnering
2.7.1 Antibiotics partnering headline values
2.7.2 Antibiotics deal upfront payments
2.7.3 Antibiotics deal milestone payments
2.7.4 Antibiotics royalty rates
2.8. The anatomy of an antibiotics deal
2.8. a. Case study 1: RRD International & Dipexium Pharmaceuticals
2.8.b. Case study 2: Hospira & Cempra Pharmaceutical
2.8.c. Case study 3: Astellas & Optimer Pharmaceuticals
Chapter 3 – Leading antibiotics deals
3.2. Top antibiotics deals by value
Chapter 4 – Most active antibiotics dealmakers
4.2. Most active antibiotics dealmakers
4.3. Most active antibiotics partnering company profiles
Chapter 5 – Antibiotics contracts dealmaking directory
5.2. Antibiotics contracts dealmaking directory
Chapter 6 – Antibiotics dealmaking by technology type
7.1. Online partnering
7.2. Partnering events
7.3. Further reading on dealmaking
- Appendix 1 – Antibiotics deals by company A-Z
- Appendix 2 – Antibiotics deals by stage of development
- Appendix 3 – Antibiotics deals by deal type
- Appendix 4 – Antibiotics deals by therapy area
- Appendix 5 –Deal type definitions
Figure 1: Antibiotics partnering since 2010
Figure 2: Active antibiotics dealmaking activity sincce 2010
Figure 3: Antibiotics partnering by deal type since 2010
Figure 4: Antibiotics partnering by disease type since 2010
Figure 5: Antibiotics partnering by industry sector since 2010
Figure 6: Antibiotics deals with a headline value
Figure 7: Antibiotics deals with an upfront value
Figure 8: Antibiotics deals with a milestone value
Figure 9: Antibiotics deals with a royalty rate value
Figure 10: Top antibiotics deals by value since 2010
Figure 11: Most active antibiotics dealmakers since 2010
Figure 12: Antibiotics partnering by technology type since 2010
Figure 13: Online partnering resources
Figure 14: Forthcoming partnering events
- 3B Pharmaceuticals
- A*STAR Agency for Science
- Technology and Research
- Actavis (name changed to Allergan)
- Acurx Pharmaceuticals
- Allegis Holdings
- Amerigen Pharmaceuticals
- Anatara Lifesciences
- Angelini Pharma
- ANI Pharmaceuticals
- Antibiotic Research UK
- Appili Therapeutics
- Aqua Pharmaceuticals
- Australian Research Council
- Aytu BioScience
- Basilea Pharmaceutica
- Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority
- Biophore Pharmaceuticals
- Boston Pharmaceuticals
- Boston University
- Boulos and Cooper Pharmaceuticals
- California Institute for Biomedical Research
- Cantab Anti-infectives
- Cardiome Pharma
- Cempra Pharmaceutical
- Centre for Drug Research and Development (CDRD)
- Checkpoint Therapeutics
- Cidara Therapeutics
- Citius Pharmaceuticals
- Civica Rx
- Crestone Pharma
- CSPC Pharmaceutical Group
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals
- Cumberland Pharmaceuticals
- CURx Pharmaceuticals
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Decibel Therapeutics
- Defence Science and Technology Laboratory
- Defense Threat Reduction Agency
- Department of Defense
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Dipexium Pharmaceuticals
- DSM Sinochem Pharmaceuticals
- Durata Therapeutics
- Eli Lilly
- Emergent BioSolutions
- Entasis Therapeutics
- Enterome Bioscience
- Everest Medicines
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
- Fedora Pharmaceuticals
- Ferrer International
- Flemish agency for Innovation by Science and Technology
- FOB Synthesis
- Forge Therapeutics
- Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics
- FSC Laboratories
- Geom Therapeutics
- Gilead Sciences
- Global Antibiotic Research and Development Partnership
- Hackensack Meridian Health
- Harvard Medical School
- The publisher reports provide insight into the trends and terms of partnering deals in the global life sciences sector.
- The publisher reports are updated every six months to ensure the user has access to the latest announcements and trends in the topic focus of the report.
- The publisher analysts review the deal data to provide an overview and analysis of deal trends, including example deals and terms.
- The publisher reports source deal data from our proprietary deals and alliances database. The database is updated daily by our analysts with new deals as they are announced globally by the company’s party to the deal.
- The data in the deals and alliances database is obtained from secondary sources such as publicly available industry sources including press releases, company presentations, investor presentations, company SEC filings, other company filings, company websites, conference presentations. Sources are identified to allow for user verification.
The publisher provides comprehensive coverage of the following partnering or deal types:
- Asset purchase
- Collaborative R&D
- Contract service
- Equity purchase
- Joint venture
- Royalty financing
- Spin out
- Sub license
Every deal record is fully categorized and includes the following data, where available:
- Industry sector
- Therapy areas
- Technology type
- Deal components
- Financial terms
- Stage of development
- Asset type
- Geographic focus
- Excluded geography
- Company press release
- SEC filing data including contract document
All financial amounts are converted to US$ using the exchange rate available on the date of deal announcement, enabling direct comparison of deal terms across international territories.