Created by teachers, for teachers, the research–based curriculum in this series presents a comprehensive, coherent sequence of thematic units for teaching the skills outlined in the CCSS for Mathematics. With four–color illustrations, complete lesson plans, and reproducible student worksheets and assessments, this resource is uniquely designed to support teachers in developing content–rich, integrated learning experiences that adhere to established standards and encourage student engagement.
Developed by Common Core, a non–profit advocacy group dedicated to producing content–rich liberal arts curricula for America′s K–12 schools, Common Core Mathematics is the most comprehensive CCSS–based mathematics curriculum available today.
- The modules are sequenced and paced to support the teaching of mathematics as an unfolding story that follows the logic of mathematics itself.
- They embody the instructional "shifts" and the standards for mathematical practice demanded by the CCSS.
- Each module contains a sequence of lessons that combine conceptual understanding, fluency, and application to meet the demands of each topic in the module.
- Formative assessments are included to support data–driven instruction.
- The modules are written by teams of master teachers and mathematicians.
This Module addresses Probability and Statistics.