The quarterly report "Market Watch" gives market share (in units) of all suppliers of graphics chips, integrated, embedded, and discrete worldwide. It is a sell in report and a leading indicator. Historical data is included from Q1’04. Market Watch is supplied in electronic form, and includes a written summary of the quarter and an in-depth spreadsheet.
Market Watch consists of four major report segments:
Graphics processor type and platform - the data is in four major categories:
- Desktop discrete, Desktop integrated, Notebook discrete, and Notebook integrated.
- Supplier’s market share - the data is individual supplier’s market share of all of the above components.
- Three-year forecast - in addition to collecting and reporting on the actual shipments, JPR analysts generate a three-year forecast by quarter.
- Five-year history - there is a historical perspective for the last five years’ data and the subsequent Compound Average Growth Rate (CAGR.) We also report on the previous forecast and compare it to actual results.
The report consists of two documents:
- This PDF document; it is a summary of the quarter and product introductions within the quarter.
- An extensive multi-page spreadsheet workbook with the data used to create the charts, the charts themselves, and supplemental information.