Ionic Liquids in Separation Technology reports on the most important fundamental and technological advances in separation processes using ionic liquids. It brings together the latest developments in this fascinating field, supplements them with numerous practical tips, and thus provides those working in both research and industry with an indispensable source of information.
The book covers fundamental topics of physical, thermal, and optical properties of ionic liquids, including green aspects. It then moves on to contexts and applications, including separation of proteins, reduction of environmental pollutants, separation of metal ions and organic compounds, use in electrochromic devices, and much more.
For the specialist audience the book serves as a recompilation of the most important knowledge in this field, whereas for starting researchers in ionic liquid separation technology the book is a great introduction to the field.
- First book in the marketplace dedicated to ionic liquids in separation technology
- Contributions from scientists in academia and researchers in industry ensure the coverage of both scientific fundamentals and industrial applications
- Covers a broad collection of applications in separation technology which makes the book a single source of information
- Includes many practical tips for researchers in industry and scientists who apply ionic liquids in their work
1.1. Physical properties of pure ionic liquids (Fernández, Josefa, and Marino Gacino, Felix)
1.2.Thermal properties of pure ionic liquids (Salgado Carballo, Josefa, and Villanueva, Maria)
1.3.Optical properties of ionic liquids (Novoa, Jose Antonio, Michinel, Humberto, and Lopez Lago, Elena)
1.4.Physical properties of mixtures (Segade Zas, Luisa M., and Cabeza, Oscar)
1.5. Ionic liquids : Theory and Simulations (Méndez Morales, Trinidad, and Varela Cabo, Luis Miguel)
1.6. Green aspects of ionic liquids (Rubio, Aurora Martínez, Tomas Alonso, Francisca, Hernandez Fernandez, Jesus, Perez de los Rios, Antonia, and Hernandez Fernandez, Francisco Jose)
2. Liquid-phase extraction and microextraction (Fernández Martínez, Elena, and Vidal Martínez, Lorena)
3. Ionic liquids for separation of metal ions and organic compounds from aqueous solutions (Regel-Rosocka, Magdalena, and Materna, Katarzyna)
4. Separation of organic acids through liquid membranes containing ionic liquids (Pratiwi, Aulia Indah, and Matsumoto, Michiaki)
5. Reduction of environmental pollutants using ILs: from equilibrium to reactivity (Canle Lopez, Moises, Fernandez Perez, María Isabel, Santaballa Lopez, and Juan Arturo)
6. Separation of proteins by Ionic Liquids Three Phase Partition (ILTPP) (Alvarez-Guerra, Enrique, and Irabien, Angel)
7. The role of ionic liquids in enzyme-membrane integrated systems (Gubicza, Laszlo, Nemestothy, Nandor, Belafi-Bako, Katalin, and Findrik Blazevic, Zvjezdana)
8. Separation of gases using membranes containing ionic liquids (Belafi-Bako, Katalin, Nemestothy, Nandor, and Bakonyi, Peter)
9. Ion-Selective Electrodes based on Ionic Liquids (Ortuño Sánchez-Pedreño, Joaquín A., Tomas Alonso, Francisca, Rubio, and Aurora Martínez)
10. Use of ionic liquids in electrochromic devices (Hassab, Sofiane, and Padilla, Javier)
11. Outlook (Hernandez Fernandez, Francisco Jose, and Perez de los Rios, Antonia)
Antonia Perez de los Rios works on research on the application of supported ionic liquids membranes to different processes such as separation of racemic compounds, removal of metal ions from aqueous solutions and microbial fuel cells. She published 55 papers in international scientific journals with high impact factors, and gave 65 presentations at international scientific conferences. She participated in 6 international R&D projects with private companies and governments.
Hernandez Fernandez, Francisco Jose
Francisco Jose Hernandez Fernandez developed his scientific career in the field of ionic liquids, specifically in application of ionic liquid as reaction and separation media. He published 59 papers in international scientific journals with high impact factors, and more than 100 contributions to international congresses in this field.