Simulated Moving Bed Technology is one of only a few books solely dedicated to SMB. It aims to equip you with the tools and skills needed for SMB modelling, simulation, design and operation. The theory presented is supported by real-world examples from the petrochemical, sugar and pharma industries.
The core of the book focuses on SMB process development and model validation. It explains basic process concepts and definitions, fundamental principles and equations, as well as typical applications and recent advances made to address challenges. Its specialist content makes it a must have book for people working with SMB technology, chemical engineering post-graduate students and process and R&D engineers in industry.
- Will provide you with the tools and predictive approaches for use in SMB design and performance assessment
- Covers SMB modelling, simulation, design and operation as applied to separation and reaction processes
- Discusses process intensification through coupling SMB and reaction in SMBR, membrane permeation and SMBR in PermSMBR and introduces the design of SCPC
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Modeling and simulation of SMB separation processes
3. Design of SMB for binary or pseudo-binary separations
4. Process development for liquid phase SMB separations: methodology and applications
5. The Parex process for the separation of p-xylene
6. Multicomponent Separations by SMB-based processes
7. Gas phase SMB for olefins paraffins separation
8. Simulated Moving Bed Reactor (SMBR)
9. Process Re-intensification: PermSMBR
10. Sequential Centrifugal Partition Chromatography (sCPC)
11. Conclusions and perspectives
Alirio Rodrigues is Professor of Chemical Engineering at Universidade do Porto and Director of the Laboratory of Separation and Reaction Engineering. He has written over 350 articles on catalysis and reaction engineering and holds six patents. He is a member of the editorial board of several journals (including Adsorption, The Chemical Engineering Journal, Separation Science and Technology, Separation and Purification Technology and International Journal of Chemical Reaction Engineering), and has also edited numerous books.