The concept of ‘ease of mobility’ has garnered tremendous attention from numerous consumer centric sectors to converge their products with a nuance of flexibility. Similarly, in the electronics domain, this trend has supplemented and diverted technological innovations towards printed and flexible electronics. Printed electronics is a set of printing methods used to create electrical devices on various flexible plastic substrates, such as polyimide, PEEK or transparent conductive polyester for crafting flexible electronics. Owing to undying scope of application in production of various electronic products such as displays, lightings, sensors, photovoltaic cells, batteries, transistors, and touchscreens, global printed and flexible electronics market size has reached a staggering mark of $1.21 billion in 2020. Printed and flexible electronics registered wide application in healthcare, consumer electronic devices, automotive, and sensors sectors. opportunities in the market is developing profoundly at a global a CAGR of 5.41% during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Printed and Flexible Electronics Market Outlook:
Scrutinizing the global printed electronics market demand via regional bifurcation, APAC is reckoned to be the most lucrative marketplace. With affluent economies such as China and Japan marching towards electrical and electronics innovations, APAC held 34.18% of the global market in 2020.
Some factors supporting APAC’s prosperity-
- Asia-Pacific is considered as the most rewarding marketplace for sensors in healthcare market with a demand share of around 30% in 2020. Flexible sensors being an integral part of the wearable devices market applied in personalized healthcare is providing high trade opportunities in APAC’s flexible electronic market.
- In 2020, 802 million people in China were using the internet with an astonishing 98% (788 million) of the user base surfing via mobile, according to China Internet Network Information Center (CNNIC). With an established base of mobile users, flexible display smartphones with printed electronics are witnessing deeper penetration among existing potential customers.
- Samsung Display and LG Display, the global leaders in flexible displays manufacturing and innovation are located in APAC. This equips the local market with indigenous production sites and inexpensive cost price that consequent increasing local demand from the densely populated economy of India and China.
- Displays have emerged from being a module of a mere television set to being an imperative element in modern consumer electronic devices such as smart phones, smart wearable devices and commercially booming advertisement method of digital signage. Displays are inevitable component in modern devices, consequently OLED and LED flexible displays are intended to be the fastest growing application segment in flexible electronics market, progressing with an application CAGR of 7.42% by 2025. Flexible displays are capitalizing and gaining substantial impulse owing to an established trade network and demand source of traditional displays. As Samsung and Apple are using flexible displays in their flagship products, LG in 2020 unveiled a 65-inch rollable OLED display with 4K resolution. Similarly, smart wearable devices equipped with flexible displays are adding more impetus to the segment growth.
Printed and Flexible Electronics Market Growth Drivers:
- In 2020, more than 94 million automotive units sales were recorded with high adoption of flexible electronic devices such as flexible displays, printed sensors and OLED lighting solutions in automotive. As these flexible electronic devices can be effortlessly assimilated with vehicle design sanctioning compact assemblage. Moreover, flexible OLED is widely accepted in automotive application as it enhances luminescence and power efficiency. Hence, automotive sector is a new front that is positively influencing the flexible electronics market size.
- Flexible batteries with intense application in wearable, electronic textiles, portable electronics, wireless sensors and smart packaging is driving the global flexible electronics market demand. Skin patches integrated with printed batteries is displacing medicine with its capacity as a treatment. OLED eye mask configured with printed and flexible electronics is disrupting the market growth.
Application Trends of Printed and Flexible Electronics Market:
- Owing to the evolution of Human Machine Interface (HMI) in automotive, informative flexible displays are going to have an imperative role for creating a customized and personalized safe car interior. Flexible displays in interior wind sheet integrated with IoT and AI for real-time information will be a key application.
- Digital signage market, an essential Point of Sale (PoS) marketing ingredient is diverting from heavy equipment such as glass built LCDs to flexible displays for ease of installation. With flexible components, digital signage can implement creativity in terms of installation and positioning often avoided due to fragility of glass.
Printed and Flexible Electronics Market Players:
Some of the key players operating in the printed electronics market are Xerox Corporation (U.S.), Meyer Burger Technology Ltd. (Switzerland), Ceradrop SA (France), Fujifilm Holdings Corp. (Japan), and Xennia Technology Ltd. (U.K.).
Printed and Flexible Electronics Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2020, with forecast done up to 2025. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the Printed and Flexible Electronics Market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the various types of innovations in Printed and Flexible Electronics Market, and their specific advantages to the market.
The Printed and Flexible Electronics Market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions.
The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Table of Contents
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.2.1. Product Benchmarking
3.2.2. End User profiling
3.2.3. Patent Analysis
3.2.4. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4.2. Market Constraints/Challenges
4.3. Attractiveness of the Industry
4.3.1. Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Power of Customers
4.3.3. Threat of New entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitution
4.3.5. Degree of Competition
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
6.2. Inkjet Printers
6.3. Aerosol Jet Printers
6.4. Flexographic Printers
6.5. Gravure Printers
6.6. Coating Systems
6.7. Nano Imprinting and Embossing
6.8. Transfer Printer
6.9. Offset Printers
7.2. UV Curing
7.3. Photonic Curing
8.2. Sterilization Systems
8.3. Coating Systems
8.5. Dry Etch
8.6. Wet Etch
8.7. Electrical Test
8.11. Pick and Place
9.5. Energy Storage
10.1.5. Rest of Americas
10.2.4. Rest of Europe
10.3.3. South Korea
10.3.4. Rest of APAC
10.4.1. Middle East
11.2. M&As, Collaborations, JVs, Partnership
13.3. Research Methodology
13.5. Compilation of Expert Insights