Land based transportation of goods and freight has traditionally reigned supreme in Europe given the topography of the continent which has driven the growth of land systems and the trucking industry since the early part of the 20th century. Europe has played a key role in the evolution of the trucking industry globally having led & spearheaded the pace as well as direction of technology development over the decades with a number of path breaking and cutting edge technologies developed by the European OEMs.
The European industry has also been instrumental in spearheading & shaping the four key latest megatrends, namely, Safety, Efficiency, Connectivity and Autonomous Driving technologies for commercial vehicles. The continent’s limited natural resources reserves have fuelled R&D activities across a number of nations towards development of alternate, renewable energy sources as a high priority aimed at increased self sufficiency over long term which has driven the European trucking industry’s exploration & development of a range of alternate fuel based powertrain technologies along with the associated support infrastructure & eco-system. The industry has also led the development of autonomous vehicle technology and a range of other advanced, cutting edge drive assist technologies aimed at enhanced safety which has been the other hallmark of the industry over the recent years.
The European Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicles market registered a strong 13.3% YoY growth in 2015, led by the Heavy Duty Truck segment which witnessed a 19% growth driven by steady demand recovery & a favorable oil price environment. The demand growth momentum has continued for the first five months of 2016 so far in-line with a projected low, single digit growth rate for 2016. Leading European industry OEMs, led by Daimler & Volvo, already dominate the competitive landscape across most key global markets with Daimler alone accounting for a 19% market share (based on unit sales) of the global medium & heavy truck market in 2015 while also having crossed the 500,000 truck unit sales threshold.
The report analyzes the European Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicles market with focus on a blend of quantitative & qualitative analysis. The analysis follows a three tiered methodology with Tier 1 focusing on analysis market dynamics & competitive landscape while Tier 2 focuses on OEMs Strategy Focus as well as Key Strategies & Plans. Tier 3 focuses on Market Analysis and projected demand growth evolution for the European market over medium term which covers analysis of key market & technological trends, issues & challenges, market developments & potential growth opportunities which could be leveraged by the industry value chain.
- Analysis of Daimler’s Global Leadership Strategy 2020, Rapid Global Market Share Gain and planned, massive near term Investments towards Modernization of Europe based Industrial Footprint, Digitization of Core Processes, R&D and CAPEX.
- Volvo’s Plans to Make Deeper Inroads in the North American Market backed by a well chalked out Strategy revolving around Strengthening of Sales & Distribution Network, Customization of Product Portfolio, Roll out of advanced Engine Line-Up & Other Cutting Edge Technologies.
- VW’s Brewing Plans for a Likely Foray into the North American Class 6-8 Truck Market with its MAN-Scania Truck Portfolio as Part of the Group’s Growth Strategy for the Next Decade.
- MAN’s Strategy of Targeting Adjacent Segments through Diversification of Product Portfolio under VW Umbrella, Plans for Expansion of International Presence and Strong Focus on Technological Developments.
- Analysis of Latest Developments around the Quartet of Key Megatrends, namely, Safety, Efficiency, Connectivity and Autonomous Driving Technologies.
- Analysis of Market Demand Evolution & Demand Growth Projections through 2024.
Relevance & Usefulness:
- Strategic Planning, Assessment & Decision-Making Processes
- Analysis of Near to Medium Term Strategy Focus and Key Strategies & Plans for all OEMs
- Medium Term Market Outlook, Inputs on Market Evolution & Demand Growth
- Identification of & Insights into Potential Growth Opportunities & Avenues
- Development of Custom, Market-specific Strategies aligned with Potential Growth Opportunities
- Formulation, Development & Shaping of Business Growth Strategies
- Conceptualization, Development & Shaping of Product Platform Specific Strategies
- Adjustment & Alignment of Overall Strategy Focus and Resource Allocation for OEMs & Key Industry Players across Value Chain
The report is essential & a must have for Senior Industry Personnel and all those with strategic interest & stakes in the European as well as Global Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicles Market. The report will be extremely useful for Key Decision-Makers, Program & Procurement Managers, Top Management of Industry Players & Other Companies, Suppliers, Vendors, Fleet Operators & Logistics Solutions Providers, Associated Equipment Manufacturers, Technology Solutions Providers, Sales & Distribution Channels, MRO Services Providers and other Key Players in the Industry Value Chain. The report will also be useful for existing & potential Investors, Industry & Company Analysts, M&A Advisory Firms, Strategy & Management Consulting Firms, PE Firms, Venture Capitalists, PR & Advertising Agencies seeking/working on projects, Researchers and all those associated with the industry.
Features, Benefits & Reasons to Procure:
- Provides Macro View and Big Picture Quickly
- Blend of Quantitative & Qualitative Analysis
- Significant Time Savings
- Visual Representation
- Meetings & Presentation Ready Format
- Superior & Enriched User Experience with Incorporation of Relevant Images
1. European Medium & Heavy Truck Market (EU+EFTA)
- Market Overview
- Market Size
- Market Segmentation
- Key Drivers
2. Competitive Landscape - European Market for Medium & Heavy Trucks - Market Share for OEMs
Part 2: Analysis on Key Industry OEMs
3. Top 6 Industry OEMs - Profiles & Product Portfolio Snapshot
- Daimler AG
- Volvo AB
- MAN Truck & Bus AG
- Scania AB
- Iveco S.p.A.
- DAF N.V.
4. Financial Performance Analysis - Top 6 Industry OEMs
1. Revenue Base & Growth Trend
2. Revenues Split by Key Segments
3. Revenues Split by Key Geographic Markets & Regions
4. Gross Earnings & Margin Trend
5. Operating Earnings & Operating Margin Trend
6. Return on Sales Trend
7. Profitability Growth Trend
8. Cash Flow from Operations
9. R&D Expenditure Trend
10. CAPEX Trend
11. Order Intake & Truck Deliveries Trend
5. OEM Strategies & Plans - Comprehensive Analysis of Strategies & Plans for Top 6 Industry OEMs - Daimler, Volvo, MAN, Scania, Iveco & DAF
- Product Portfolio Strategies & Plans
- Market Specific Strategies & Plans
- R&D Strategies & Plans
- Growth Strategies & Plans
- Business and Corporate Strategies & Plans
- Sales & Marketing Strategies & Plans
- Production/Manufacturing Strategies & Plans
- Financial Strategies & Plans
- Acquisitions, Strategic Alliances & JVs
- Other Strategies & Strategic Initiatives
6. SWOT Analysis - On Top 6 Industry OEMs
- Strengths to be Leveraged
- Weaknesses to be worked on
- Opportunities to be capitalized upon
- Threats to be negated & mitigated
Part 3: Market & Technology Trends, Emerging Demand Scenario and Strategic Market Outlook through 2024
7. Key Trends
- Market Trends
- Technology Trends
8. Key Issues, Challenges & Risk Factors
9. European Medium & Heavy Truck Market - Force Field Analysis - Analysis of Driving & Restraining Forces and their Overall Dynamics
- Driving Forces
- Restraining Forces
10. Strategic Market Outlook through 2024
- Analysis of Emerging Market Scenario
- Demand Outlook & Growth Projections for Medium & Heavy Truck Segments through 2024