What are Wireline Services?
Wireline services usually refer to cabling technology used in oil and gas industry for well intervention, reservoir monitoring operations, logging, pipe recovery and completion. These services require less labor and consumes less time providing petro physical data that are further beneficial for controlling the process parameters. The tools inserted into the well for both wirelines and slicklines, workover and logging efforts, are very similar devices. A slickline is a thin cable introduced into a well to deliver and retrieve tools downhole, while a wireline is an electrical cable used to lower tools into and transmit data about the conditions of the wellbore called wireline logs. Usually consisting of braided cables, wirelines are used to perform wireline logging as well.
What are the major applications for Wireline Services?
The applications of wireline services include Wireline Intervention, Wireline Logging, Wireline Completion, Recovery and many more. Wireline intervention is an operation carried out on an oil or gas well during, or at the end of its productive life that alters the state of the well and well geometry, provides well diagnostics and manages the production of the well.
Market Research and Market Trends of Wireline Services Market
- C6 technologies, the oilfield technology company have introduced the world’s first application of innovative well intervention technology called ComTrac. ComTrac is the only system in the world that comprises a reel of spoolable 12-mm diameter semi-stiff carbon composite rod with electrical conductors. To date the technology has been proven to operate at lengths of up to 8 km. This is the first time the composite rod has been used with a tractor in this technology. This allows intervention far beyond capabilities of standard wireline technology in terms of load and length, particularly for horizontal wells. The scope includes fluid saturation logging, fishing, and perforating with long sections of high shot density guns. The stiffness and low friction of the carbon composite rod eradicate the problem of stick and slip experienced with wireline cables. This allows ComTrac to deliver extraordinary data quality and repeatability, particularly for high resolution logging services such as fluid saturation logs.
- Baker Hughes Inc. has come up with a solution for wireline services called Wireline Jars. A wireline jar is used by freeing stuck tools which produces a sudden, strong impact to the tool string rather than depending on wireline pulls alone. Mechanical or hydraulic jar technology is available for single and multiconductor wireline. The jar is inserted as close as possible to the cablehead. If the toolstring is stuck and the wireline pulling tension exceeds a preset value, the jar initiates a tensile strike to the stuck toolstring. Additional strikes can be applied to free the toolstring if the initial strike is insufficient. Each activation produces a strike force several times greater than the maximum achievable wireline overpull.
Who are the Major Players in Wireline Services Market?
The companies referred to in the market research report includes Archer Limited, Baker Hughes Inc., Basic Energy Services, China Oilfield Services Limited, Schlumberger Ltd., Superior Energy Service Inc., FMC Technologies Inc. and more than 25 companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
Table of Contents
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4.4. Porters five force model
4.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
4.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
4.4.3. Threat of new entrants
4.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
4.4.5. Threat of substitutes
5.2. Opportunities analysis
5.3. Product life cycle
5.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
6.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
6.3. Product Segment Analysis
6.3.1. Electric Line
6.3.2. Stick Line
7.2. Natural gamma ray tools
7.3. Borehole seismic tools
7.4. Sonic and ultrasonic tools
7.5. Resistivity tools
7.4. Nuclear magnetic resonance tools
7.5. Cased hole electric line tools
7.5.1. Cement bond tools
7.5.2. Gamma perforating tools
7.5.3. Casing collar locators
7.5.4. Wireline pressure setting assemblies (WLSPA)
8.2. Cement Bond Logging Services
8.3. Casing Inspection Services
8.4. Setting Services
8.5. Pump Down Services
8.6. Tubing Conveyed Perforating Services
8.7. Plug and Perforating Services
8.8. Pipe Recovery Services
9.2. Wireline Intervention
9.3. Wireline Completion
10.2. Off Shore
11.2. Cased Hole
12.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
12.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.2.2. Revenue and Trends
12.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
126.96.36.199. Rest of North America
12.3. Wireline Services - South America Segment Research
12.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.4.2. Revenue and Trends
12.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
188.8.131.52. Costa Rica
184.108.40.206. Rest of South America
12.5. Wireline Services - Europe Segment Research
12.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.6.2. Revenue and Trends
12.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
220.127.116.11. Rest of Europe
12.7. Wireline Services – APAC Segment Research
12.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.8.2. Revenue and Trends
12.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
18.104.22.168. South Korea
13.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
14.2. Archer Limited
14.3. Baker Hughes Inc
14.4. Basic Energy Services
14.5. China Oilfield Services Limited
14.6. Schlumberger Ltd.
14.7. Superior Energy Service Inc.
14.8. FMC Technologies Inc.