Lean: Kaizen Events is an interactive, multimedia, eLearning training program. It is intended for managers, technologists, healthcare staff, and trainers in the Healthcare industry who work in, or are transitioning to, a Lean workplace.
Lean: Kaizen Events Training Course Content
- The meaning of Kaizen in Healthcare
- Kaizen Events, the patient-centric Value Stream Map, and the Future State Plan
- Responsibilities of the Value Stream Leader and Kaizen Event Leader
- Cross-functional Kaizen teams, types of Kaizen
- How a Kaizen Event is initiated, event constraints
- Successful practices of Kaizen Healthcare teams
- Basic team problem-solving tools, Brainstorming, Five Why
- Root Cause and the Cause and Effect Diagram
- The Kaizen Event Problem-Solving Process
- Identify the problem, measure, analyze, generate solutions
- Select the solution, implement, evaluate, standardize
- Kaizen problem-solving tools
- Sustaining Kaizen improvements in the Healthcare system
Using the Course
- This course is designed to allow participants to learn at a convenient time, and at their own pace. You are free to pursue the course when and where you wish. You will require a broadband Internet connection, and a standard Internet browser with flash plugin.
- The course modules are listed in the most logical order for you to follow. However you can take the course modules in any order you wish.
- You are licensed to use this course for one year. This means that even after you have completed the course it is still available for review purposes. In review mode you can arrow forward and back through the course material to quickly locate specific content for reference, review, or further study.
- Course qualification testing is available. In addition, you can re-take any test if you are not satisfied with your initial result.
- Take the course and complete all modules.
- Take the course test.
- Make notes while taking the test to highlight content that proves difficult.
- Review the course with additional study of this difficult content.
- Retake the test to demonstrate your mastery of the content.
Following this process helps you to achieve greater learning and a more accurate test assessment.
The time to complete the course will vary depending on prior knowledge, learning style, and individual differences. The more study and review, the greater the knowledge and understanding, and the higher your mastery test scores. Plan your time accordingly.
1. Preparing for a Kaizen Event
2. Working Together in a Kaizen Team
3. Finding a Solution
4. Implementing the Solution
This course will take approximately 1 hour 5 minutes to complete.