The US Export Controls and Security - ITAR course is an interactive, multimedia, eLearning training program. It is intended for employees in any defense related company that require knowledge of U.S. Export Controls requirements, ITAR and EAR.
U.S. Export Controls and Security - ITAR Training Course
U.S. Export Controls and Security - ITAR Training Course Content
- The definition and purpose of ITAR and EAR
- Differences between ITAR and EAR
- The distinction between a “Foreign Person” and a U.S. “Person”
- Importance of ITAR within the company
- The role of the Designated Official
- Definition of an Export
- Examples of Controlled Exports
- Examples of Uncontrolled Exports
- Your responsibility with respect to Export Controls
- Concerns for foreign business travel
- Three levels of security for facilities
- Requirements and use of ID and entry badges
- Rules regarding visitors
This course is intended solely as a resource for convenient orientation of employees to the basic requirements of the U.S. Export Controls (ITAR and EAR). The Designated Official or Export Official within your organization must validate the suitability of this training for your internal purposes. Although there is an accompanying test that ensures your understanding of this content, successful mastery completion of this test does NOT constitute certification by any Government organization.
We can provide modifications to this course to provide information specific to your company (for example - Defense Articles or Controlled Goods, contact information for your DO or EO, etc) for delivery on your own internal Learning Management System. Please call to discuss this option.
LearnTech® training incorporates interactive learning checks throughout the instructional sequences. Tests are criterion-referenced and module-based with feedback on every response for enhanced learning.
Using the Course
- This course is designed to allow participants to learn at a convenient time, and at their own pace. You are free to pursue the course when and where you wish. You will require a broadband Internet connection, and a standard Internet browser with flash plugin.
- The course modules are listed in the most logical order for you to follow. However you can take the course modules in any order you wish.
- You are licensed to use this course for one year. This means that even after you have completed the course it is still available for review purposes. In review mode you can arrow forward and back through the course material to quickly locate specific content for reference, review, or further study.
- Course qualification testing is available. In addition, you can re-take any test if you are not satisfied with your initial result.
- Take the course and complete all modules.
- Take the course test.
- Make notes while taking the test to highlight content that proves difficult.
- Review the course with additional study of this difficult content.
- Retake the test to demonstrate your mastery of the content.
Following this process helps you to achieve greater learning and a more accurate test assessment.
The time to complete the course will vary depending on prior knowledge, learning style, and individual differences. The more study and review, the greater the knowledge and understanding, and the higher your mastery test scores. Plan your time accordingly.