Participants successfully completing the program will be able to:
- Describe the function of WHMIS, and relate each WHMIS symbol to the specific class of hazard it represents.
- Differentiate between the different types of labels and understand the routes of entry.
- Identify the basic information found on an MSDS, and relate this information to specific precautions.
- Describe their role and responsibility regarding procedures that help maintain a safe work environment.
Qualification and Certification Testing
LearnTech® training incorporates interactive learning checks throughout the instructional sequences. Certification tests are criterion-referenced and module-based with feedback on every response for enhanced learning. Administrative access to dates and scores of tests, certifications, and re-certifications is compliant with ISO quality-standards requirements.
Workplace Hazardous Materials conforms to the ISO 16-heading standard for materials safety datasheets, and includes definitions provided by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Heath and Safety (CCOHS).
This course presents a generic theoretical introduction to WHMIS concepts. Site-specific training is also required in order for employers to fulfill legal obligations. We recommend this blended approach to ensure that this very important topic is presented in a standardized way and localized to the specific needs of each department.
Using the Course
- This course is designed to allow participants to learn at a convenient time, and at their own pace. You are free to pursue the course when and where you wish. You will require a broadband Internet connection, and a standard Internet browser with flash plugin.
- The course modules are listed in the most logical order for you to follow. However you can take the course modules in any order you wish.
- You are licensed to use this course for one year. This means that even after you have completed the course it is still available for review purposes. In review mode you can arrow forward and back through the course material to quickly locate specific content for reference, review, or further study.
- Course qualification testing is available. In addition, you can re-take any test if you are not satisfied with your initial result.
- Take the course and complete all modules.
- Take the course test.
- Make notes while taking the test to highlight content that proves difficult.
- Review the course with additional study of this difficult content.
- Retake the test to demonstrate your mastery of the content.
Following this process helps you to achieve greater learning and a more accurate test assessment.
The time to complete the course will vary depending on prior knowledge, learning style, and individual differences. The more study and review, the greater the knowledge and understanding, and the higher your mastery test scores. Plan your time accordingly.