Omics Technologies and Bio-Engineering: Towards Improving Quality of Life, Volume 2 is a unique reference that brings together multiple perspectives on omics research, providing in-depth analysis and insights from an international team of authors. The book delivers pivotal information that will inform and improve medical and biological research by helping readers gain more direct access to analytic data, an increased understanding on data evaluation, and a comprehensive picture on how to use omics data in molecular biology, biotechnology and human health care.
- Covers various aspects of biotechnology and bio-engineering using omics technologies
- Focuses on the latest developments in the field, including biofuel technologies
- Provides key insights into omics approaches in personalized and precision medicine
- Provides a complete picture on how one can utilize omics data in molecular biology, biotechnology and human health care
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
MICROBIAL, PLANT AND AGRI BT 1. Microbial Omics: Applications in Biotechnology
2. Omics Approaches in Viral Biotechnology: Toward Understanding the Viral Diseases, Prevention, Therapy, and Other Applications in Human Betterment
3. Algal Biotechnology: An Update From Industrial and Medical Point of View
4. Omics Approaches in Fungal Biotechnology: Industrial and Medical Point of View
5. Genetic Engineering for Plant Transgenesis: Focus to Pharmaceuticals
6. Agricultural Biotechnology: Engineering Plants for Improved Productivity and Quality
7. Functional Food Biotechnology: The Use of Native and Genetically Engineered Lactic Acid Bacteria
8. Omics and Edible Vaccines
9. Plant Metabolic Engineering
10. Biocontrol Technology: Eco-Friendly Approaches for Sustainable Agriculture
11. Bioengineering Towards Fighting Against Superbugs
12. Nanotechnology in Bioengineering: Transmogrifying Plant Biotechnology
INDUSTRY AND ENV BIOTECH 13. Techniques in Biotechnology: Essential for Industry
14. Omics Approaches in Industrial Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering
15. Omics Approaches and Applications in Dairy and Food Processing Technology
16. Omics Approaches in Enzyme Discovery and Engineering
17. Biomedical Engineering: The Recent Trends
18. Omics Approaches in Biofuel Technologies: Toward Cost Effective, Eco-Friendly, and Renewable Energy
19. Omics-Based Bioengineering in Environmental Biotechnology
20. Biochar for Carbon Sequestration: Bioengineering for Sustainable Environment
M.Sc. (Applied Genetics), M.Tech. (Biotechnology), M.Phil. (Biotechnology), Ph.D. (Biotechnology), Ph.D. (Bioinformatics), Post-Doc (Bioinformatics), PGDM, is honorary Principal Scientist at Institute of Integrative Omics and Applied Biotechnology (IIOAB), India- a virtual global platform of multidicipliary research and advocacy. He is blended with both academic and industrial research and has more than 12 yrs bioinformatics and personalized diagnostic/ medicine Industry experience where his main focus is to translate academic research into high value commercial products for common mans' reach. He has published more than 150 articles in reputed international journals and has edited 15 cutting-edge omics related reference books published by Taylor& Francis, Springer, Elsevier etc. He has also co-authored 30+ book chapters. Dr. Barh also frequently reviewes articles for Nature publications, Elsevier, BMC Series, PLoS One etc like international Journals. Due to his significant contribution in the field; he has been recognized by Who's Who in the World and Limca Book of Records.
Vasco Azevedo is graduated from veterinary school of the Federal University of Bahia in 1986. He obtained his Master (1989) and Ph.D. (1993) degrees in microbial genetics from Institut National Agronomique Paris-Grignon (INAPG) and Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA), France, respectively. He did his Post-doctoral research (1994) at Department of Microbiology, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania. USA. Since 1995, he is a Professor at Federal University of Minas Gerais (UFMG), Brazil. In 2004, Prof. Azevedo won the Livre-docência contest at the University of São Paulo, which is considered the best university in Brazil. Livre-docência is a degree awarded by the Higher Education Department of Brazil through a public examination open only to the doctoral degree holders and is a recognition to a superior quality of teaching and research. In 2017, Prof. Azevedo defended his third thesis to become a Doctorate in Bioinformatics from the UFMG. He is a also a Fellow of Brazilian Academy of Sciences. He has published 380 research articles, 3 books, and 29 book chapters. Prof. Azevedo is expert in bacterial genetics, genomics, transcriptome, proteomics, and development of new vaccines and diagnostics against infectious diseases. He is pioneer in genetics of Lactic Acid Bacteria and Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis in Brazil.