Written in plain and easy–to–understand language in the form of character dialogues and useful technical explanations by one of the world′s most prolific and well–respected process engineers, this is one of the most unique and helpful books ever written for the practicing process engineer and for unit operators.
This is not your average technical book! Using a humorous and easy–to–understand approach to solving common process problems, this unique volume is the go–to guide for any veteran or novice engineer in the plant, office, or classroom. Textbooks are often too theoretical to help the average process engineer solve everyday problems in the plant. This guide focuses on the common problems that plant personnel face and how to solve them. The "characters" walk the reader through every problem and solution step–by–step, through dialogues that occur every day in process plants around the world.
With over half a century of experience and many books, videos, and seminars to his credit, Norm Lieberman is well–known all over the world and has helped companies, engineers and operators with equipment, processes, and training. This is the first time that this knowledge has appeared in a format like this, quite unlike anything ever published before in books on process engineering or operations. This is a must–have for any engineer or operator working in process engineering, or process plant operation.
This valuable new volume:
- Uses real–life examples, illustrated by characters who are trying to solve daily problems in process engineering that are found in real–world situations
- Shows the beginning engineer and experienced operator how to avoid common pitfalls
- Is filled with useful figures and descriptions of the common problems and solutions found in the plant
- Is a unique take on process engineering, process plant and refinery operations, debunking many of the common myths in process engineering and offering the best ways forward
- Is a must–have for any process engineer or experienced plant operator
Process engineers, chemical engineers, technicians, plant managers, plant operators, plant engineers, petroleum engineers, control engineers, refinery and process plant safety staff