"Cigarettes in Tanzania, 2017", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Cigarette consumption in Tanzania has been erratic on a year-to-year basis. The economic difficulties, recurrent droughts and extensive infrastructure problems are the main factors that have influenced the market. Sales were 6.09 billion pieces in 2015 but are forecast to be down 1.9% to 5.97 billion pieces in 2016 as a consequence of rising prices and the impact that this has had on duty paid sales.
- Per capita consumption stood at 114 pieces per person in 2016, down 8.5% on 1990 levels.
- The growing problem of non-duty paid sales is forecast to see sales drop back in 2016.
- A 1.9% contraction is expected to 5.97 billion pieces that Tanzania's smoking population is currently in the region of 2.45 million in 2016 which equates to a smoking prevalence rate of 9.5% overall, with this population almost exclusively male.
- Following the impact of the recent increases in prices the market is forecast to see sluggish sales initially before recovering towards the end of the review period.
- Volumes are expected to end 2026 at 7.88 billion pieces, 31.9% ahead of 1990, with per capita consumption up 0.8% to 115 pieces.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Government Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 3: Market Structure: Domestic v Imported, 2000-2015, Million Pieces
Table 4: Market Structure: Domestic v Imported, 2000-2015, %
Table 5: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
Table 6: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2016, %
Table 7: Brand Positioning, 2016
Table 8: Taxation Structure, 2005-2017
Table 9: Annual Average Inflation (Alcohol & Tobacco), 2010-2014
Table 10: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
Table 11: Smoking Population, by gender , product and frequency, %
Table 11: Men: Average Daily Cigarette Smoking by Age, Region, Education & Income, 2010, Number of Cigarettes in the Past 24 Hours
Table 12: Cigarette Production, 1990-2015, Million pieces
Table 13: Cigarette Imports, 1995-2015, Million pieces
Table 14: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2008-2015, Million Pieces
Table 15: Cigarette Exports, 1990-2015, Million pieces
Table 16: Exports by Country of Destination, 2008-2015, Million Pieces
Table 17: Tanzania Cigarette Company Ltd
Table 18: Consumption Forecasts, 2016-2026, Million pieces
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology