Ion exchange materials are a critical component in advanced technologies. They are used in many market segments and applications globally. Their use is crucial for the effective and efficient operation of many technologies encompassing diverse applications from commodity chemicals to water purification technologies. Among all their application segments, they are used for separations, purifications, columns and a variety of chemical processes that produce components we use in our daily lives.
A list of the technologies and market segments that ion exchange materials play an important role is presented below:
- Energy Generation and Storage Technologies.
- Water Technologies.
- Power Generation.
- Chemical Processes.
- Chemical Separations.
- Food Production.
- Pharmaceutical Processes.
Albeit, there are other applications in which one could use ion exchange materials and processes, these other and newer applications will not be covered extensively in this report. The applications and markets discussed and researched herein are currently the main and larger markets for ion exchange materials.
Study Goals and Objectives:
This report will focus on the growth trends and technologies in the ion exchange materials field. The
purpose of the report is to outline and forecast the trends and technologies of ion exchange materials.
New technologies and world policy trends are affecting this market significantly. By means of the report,
the ion exchange market size will be estimated, and the opportunities in the field will be identified.
The objectives of the report are to:
- Estimate market size by region.
- Estimate market size by application.
- Estimate market size by segment.
- Forecast growth trends by region.
- Forecast growth trends by application.
- Forecast growth trends by segment.
- Summarize the technology.
- Summarize the growing trends in the industry.
- Introduce new technologies that will impact growth in the market.
- Profile established companies in the field.
- Profile upcoming companies in the field.
The objectives of the report are to provide global market estimates and growing technology trends in the Ion Exchange Materials sectors. The information and estimates contained herein are provided as educated guesses and should be used as such. The opportunities in the ion exchange materials market will be enumerated and detailed for this time period.
Reasons for Doing This Study:
New and growing technology trends suggest that the use of ion exchange materials will continue to grow over the next five years. Technologies ranging from clean water to pharmaceutical applications will need ion exchange materials for their efficient operation and to produce many of the substances we use throughout our lives.
In the past, market research reports have been divided between ion exchange resins and ion exchange membrane technologies. As such, many times the reports cover commodity chemicals in the case of ion exchange resins and some ion exchange membranes; while others focus on specialty chemicals like some ionomers and ion exchange membranes. There are a limited number of reports that cover all the technologies encompassing ion exchange materials.
This report will cover all the major technologies in which ion exchange materials are used. The technologies covered herein use both commodity chemicals and specialty chemicals. This report covers applications where ion exchange membranes are used in applications like fuel cells. In addition, the report will also include applications like water softening, where less expensive ion exchange resins are produced. The price points and markets for these technologies range depending on the application as well as the type of chemical. Readers of this report will find a comprehensive guide to the use of ion exchange materials globally and the technologies in which they are used.
Scope of Report:
The report’s scope focuses on the ion exchange materials by application and region. The applications of the ion exchange materials will be discussed. In addition, the report will cover how the ion exchange material is used in the selected application. The geographical scope of the report will focus on the global markets, specifically where the ion exchange materials are used and sold. The companies covered herein are from all geographies.
The information collected in this report encompasses primary and secondary sources. The analyst interviewed some industry experts and looked at global trends in the selected applications to forecast and estimate market sizes, growth trends and the compound annual growth rates (CAGR).
The information sources used to generate this report include:
- SEC filings.
- Press releases.
- Industry presentations.
- Several databases.
Chapter 1: Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- Related Research Reports
Chapter 2: Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3: Market and Technology Background
- Introduction to Ion Exchange Materials
- Description of Ion Exchange Materials
- A Brief History of Ion Exchange Materials
- Applications of Ion Exchange Materials
- Global Market Trends of Ion Exchange Materials
- Trends Driving Market Growth in Ion Exchange Materials
- Innovation and Competitive Landscape in Ion Exchange Materials
- Types of Functionalities Used for Ion Exchange Polymers
- Brief Introduction to the Markets for Ion Exchange Materials
- Energy Storage and Generation Technologies
- Water Technologies
- Power Generation
- Separation and Chemical Technologies
- Food Production
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Other Applications
- Ion Exchange Process Explained
- Description of Ion Exchange Processes
- Kinetics of Ion Exchange Processes
- Separation and Purification Processes
- Column Processes
- Batch Processes
- Overview of Ion Exchange Materials by Form Factor
- Membrane-Based Applications
- Ionomer-Based Applications
- Resin/Beads Applications
Chapter 4: Ion Exchange Materials in Energy Generation and Storage
- Fuel Cell Systems
- Water Electrolysis
- Redox Flow Batteries
Chapter 5: Ion Exchange Materials in Power Generation
- Condensate Polishing
- Nuclear Waste Remediation
Chapter 6: Ion Exchange Membranes and Resins for Water Technologies
- UltraPure Water Generation
- Water Softening
- Wastewater Treatment
Chapter 7: Ion Exchange Materials for Separation and Chemical Technologies
- Ion Exchange Chromatography
- Chemical Catalysis
- Metal Extraction and Purification
- Chapter 8: Ion Exchange Materials in Food Production
- Sugar Production
- Beverages Production
Chapter 9: Ion Exchange Materials in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Drug Delivery
- Isolation and Purification of Biochemical Substances
Chapter 10: Company Profiles
The global market for ion exchange materials should reach $9.5 billion by 2021 from $5.5 billion in 2016 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.8%, from 2016 to 2021.
The water technologies market is the largest sector of the ion exchange materials market. The market is expected to grow from $1.8 billion in 2016 to $2.5 billion in 2021 at a CAGR of 6.7% for the period 2016-2021.
The energy storage and generation sector of the ion exchange materials market is expected to grow from $1.0 billion in 2016 to $3.3 billion in 2021 at a CAGR of 26.5% for the period 2016-2021.