"Cigarettes in Mozambique, 2017", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Mozambican market. The report analyzes the market size and structure, on both an overall and per capita basis, based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise. Key companies and consumer trends are also analyzed.
Mozambique is one of the more promising markets for cigarettes in Africa because the country has been benefiting from relatively strong economic growth which, coupled with a rapidly expanding population, has boosted duty-paid cigarette sales. Nevertheless, the country remains poor with more than 70% of its population living below the poverty line. As such, cigarette volumes are still low compared to other emerging economies. But, recent economic reforms are having a positive impact on the tobacco market with a growing number of companies showing interest in Mozambique as future market and regional production center in Southern Africa. However, there are many problems facing cigarette manufacturers in the country, such as low consumption levels, lack of disposable income and widespread smuggling to and from the country.
- Cigarette consumption reached 4.3 billion pieces in 2016.
- Per capita consumption reached 166 pieces per year in 2016.
- As of 2013, 12.4% of the total adult population smoke.
- Cigarette production has increased to 2.6 billion pieces in 2015.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Government Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 3: Market Segmentation: Domestic v Imported Cigarettes, 2000-2015, Million Pieces
Table 4: Market Segmentation: Domestic v Imported Cigarettes, 2000-2015, Percentage Share (%)
Table 5: Specific Consumption Tax, 2013-2017 (MT per 1,000)
Table 6: Cigarette Prices, 2008 & 2010 (MT/Pack)
Table 7: Smoking Incidence (Mozambique), WHO 2013
Table 8: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
Table 9: Smoking Prevalence (15+), 2010, %
Table 10: Daily Cigarette & RYO Use by Gender, 2012
Table 11: Cigarette Production, 1990-2015
Table 12: Cigarette Imports 1990-2015
Table13: Imports by Country of Origin, 2005-2015, Million Pieces
Table14: Imports by Country of Origin, 2005-2015, Percentage Share (%)
Table15: Exports by Country of Origin, Million Pieces, 2007-2011 & 2015
Table16: Exports by Country of Origin, Percentage Share (%), 2007-2011 & 2015
Table 17: Company profile: British American Tobacco Mozambique
Table 18: Company profile: Sonil Group Lda
Table 19: Company profile: Pacific Tobacco
Table 20: Consumption Forecasts to 2026
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology
- Inter Continental Tobacco
- BAT Mozambique
- Sonil (Sociedade do Niassa)
- British American Tobacco
- Pacific Tobacco
- Mozambique Tobacco Company
- Cut Rag Processors
- Imperial Tobacco
- Philip Morris