The law for approving pesticides in the UK requires that only plant protection products authorized by ministers are to be sold, supplied, used, stored or advertised. The concerned departments include Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA), Department of Health, the Scottish Government, the Welsh Government and the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Northern Ireland (DARDNI). The Chemicals Regulation Directorate (CRD) of Health and Safety Executive (HSE) acts as the delivery body for regulating plant protection products authorized for sale, supply, use and storage in the UK.
Despite the fact that the use of pesticides in the UK is governed by various departments, there still remains a demand among the local populace to curtail the use of pesticides. This has been further promoted by several non-governmental organizations (NGOs) that are either totally or partially committed to reducing pesticide utilization, as also by the media that keeps a careful watch over pesticide-related incidents.
By product type, market is segmented into herbicides, fungicides, insecticides and other chemicals. Further the products are segmented by origin, synthetic and biopesticides. By application area, pesticides demand has been analyzed in terms of crop-based (including grains & cereals, oilseeds and fruits & vegetables) and non-crop-based (including turf & ornamental grass and other non-crop-based applications).
- Market analysis for the United Kingdom Pesticides market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on Europe.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a Europe.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the United Kingdom pesticides market.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
1.2 Definition of the Market
2. Global Market Scenario
2.1 Emerging Trends in the Pesticides Industry
2.1.1 Demand for Food Safety and Quality Growing
2.1.2 Biopesticides Gaining Market Share
2.1.3 Research and Development Costs Burgeoning
2.1.4 Developing Regions Witnessing Faster Demand
2.1.5 The Controversy Surrounding GM Crops
3. Regulatory Environment
3.1 Regulations for Pesticides in the European Union (EU)
3.1.1 EU Rules
126.96.36.199 EU Policy
3.1.2 Sustainable Use of Pesticides
188.8.131.52 Major Actions for the Sustainable Use of Pesticides
3.1.3 Approval of Active Substances
3.1.4 Maximum Residue Levels
184.108.40.206 EU Rules on MRLs
220.127.116.11 Setting of EU MRLs
4. Overview of the United Kingdom Market for Pesticides
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 Synthetic Pesticides
5.1.1 Synthetic Herbicides
5.1.2 Synthetic Insecticides
5.1.3 Synthetic Fungicides
5.1.4 Other Synthetic Pesticides
5.2.4 Other Biopesticides
6. Market Segmentation by Application Area
6.1 Crop-Based Applications
6.1.1 Grains & Cereals
6.1.3 Fruits & Vegetables
6.2 Non-Crop-Based Applications
6.2.1 Turf & Ornamental Grass
6.2.2 Other Non-Crop-Based Applications
7. Competitive Overview
8. Profiles of Major Companies
8.1 Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd (Formerly Makhteshim Agan Industries Ltd) (Israel)
8.2 American Vanguard Corporation (United States)
7.2.1 AMVAC Chemical Corporation (United States)
8.3 Arysta LifeScience (Japan)
8.4 BASF SE (Germany)
8.5 Bayer CropScience AG (Germany)
8.6 Bioworks Inc (United States)
8.7 Cheminova A/S (Denmark)
8.8 Chemtura AgroSolutions (United States)
8.9 Dow AgroSciences LLC (United States)
8.10 DuPont (United States)
8.11 FMC Corporation (United States)
8.12 Isagro SpA (Italy)
8.13 Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha Ltd (Japan)
8.14 Marrone Bio Innovations Inc (United States)
8.15 Monsanto Company (United States)
8.16 Natural Industries (United States)
8.17 Nufarm Ltd (Australia)
8.18 Syngenta International AG (Switzerland)
8.19 Valent Biosciences Corp (United States)
9.1 Secondary Sources