The law for approving pesticides in the UK requires that only plant protection products authorized by ministers are to be sold, supplied, used, stored or advertised. The concerned departments include Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA), Department of Health, the Scottish Government, the Welsh Government and the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Northern Ireland (DARDNI). The Chemicals Regulation Directorate (CRD) of Health and Safety Executive (HSE) acts as the delivery body for regulating plant protection products authorized for sale, supply, use and storage in the UK.
Despite the fact that the use of pesticides in the UK is governed by various departments, there still remains a demand among the local populace to curtail the use of pesticides. This has been further promoted by several non-governmental organizations (NGOs) that are either totally or partially committed to reducing pesticide utilization, as also by the media that keeps a careful watch over pesticide-related incidents.
By product type, market is segmented into herbicides, fungicides, insecticides and other chemicals. Further the products are segmented by origin, synthetic and biopesticides. By application area, pesticides demand has been analyzed in terms of crop-based (including grains & cereals, oilseeds and fruits & vegetables) and non-crop-based (including turf & ornamental grass and other non-crop-based applications).
- Market analysis for the United Kingdom Pesticides market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on Europe.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a Europe.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the United Kingdom pesticides market.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
1.1 Definition of the Market
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Report Description
2. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.2 Product Overview
3.2.1 Categorization of synthetic pesticides based on product segment
3.2.2 Categorization of Biopesticides based on product segment
3.2.3 Biopesticides Vs Synthetic pesticides
3.3 Patented & Generic Pesticides
3.4 Regulatory Environment
3.5 Trade regulations and policies
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1 Growing Demand for food safety & Quality
4.2.2 Biopesticides gaining market share
4.2.3 Adoption of new farming practices
4.3.1 Agri credit access impacted by euro zone crisis
4.3.2 Research and Development costs Burgeoning
4.3.3 Low per capita use of pesticides in several regions
4.3.4 Increasing ban on pesticides
4.3.5 Stringent regulation
4.4.1 Organizations promoting Biopesticides
4.4.2 Sustainable and Integrated pest management techniques
4.5 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.5.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By product group/segment
5.1.1 Synthetic pesticides
184.108.40.206 Synthetic Herbicides
220.127.116.11 Synthetic Insecticides
18.104.22.168 Synthetic Fungicides
22.214.171.124 Synthetic Others
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Crop based
126.96.36.199 Grains & Cereals
188.8.131.52 Oil seeds
184.108.40.206 Fruits & Vegetables
5.2.2 Non Crop based
220.127.116.11 Turf & Ornamental Grass
5.3 By Geography
5.4 Competitive Landscape
5.4.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.4.2 Market Share Analysis
5.4.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
5.4.4 Most active companies in the past five years
5.5 Company Profiles
5.5.1 BASF Plc
5.5.3 Bayer CropScience Ltd
5.5.4 DuPont (UK) Limited
5.5.5 Monsanto UK Ltd
5.5.6 Vitax Ltd
5.5.7 Headland Agrochemicals Ltd
5.5.8 Dow AgroSciences Ltd
5.5.9 Certis UK
5.5.10 Syngenta International AG (Switzerland)
5.5.11 IsAgro Spa
5.5.12 Bayer crop science
5.6 Patents Scenario