Growing demand for Apparels and Clothing
The apparel & clothing industry grew at a healthy rate despite the economic slowdown and is expected to continue the trend. This is majorly due to low switching costs and the significant role of the industry in terms of trade, employment, investment and revenue.
The Asia-Pacific region is the biggest exporter of clothing and textiles to both the United States and Europe. The United States and Canada are among the top 10 countries with high spending on apparel. In Europe, Germany, Norway, Austria, Sweden and the United Kingdom are the top countries which spend the most on apparel.
The United States and China are the top two retail markets for apparels. Moreover, countries such as Germany, the United Kingdom and Russia also hold a significant demand for apparels. India and Brazil are the fastest emerging market for apparels. This will boost the apparel & clothing market, which in turn, will uplift the demand for viscose staple fibers.
In 2017, textiles and apparel application segment dominated the global market, and also registered the fastest CAGR through the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Dominates the Market
Asia-Pacific had the highest share in the market, accounting for around 62% of the global market in 2017. As textile production capacities continue to shift to Asia from Europe and North America, consumption growth has started to expand in Asia-Pacific region. China, India, and Indonesia dominate the viscose fibers production in Asia-Pacific region, and the export market of viscose yarns and fabrics.
China is the Largest Consumer
China is one of the major producers and consumers of VSF. The increasing yarn production in China has been boosting the demand for VSF. The Asian yarn production, in Q1 of 2016, increased by 21% - quarter on quarter, mainly driven by the Chinese yarn industry. The yarn production has been increasing due to the increasing production of non-woven fabrics in the country.
However, the Chinese VSF industry has been witnessing a major issue of surplus production capacities. The government has released new regulations for limiting the viscose capacities in the country. Furthermore, the wages in China have been increasing gradually, due to of which, the textile production is expected to shift to low-wage ASEAN countries, thereby, affecting the sales of VSF in the country. The surplus production capacities and record high cotton inventories are estimated to dominate the global market over the forecast period.
Key Developments in the Market
- January 2018: Grasim Industries received eco clearance for expanding the production of viscose staple fibre at Gujarat, India that would entail an investment of INR 2,560 crore
- April 2017: Sateri signed an investment agreement with the municipal government of Jiujiang in Jiangxi province to expand its viscose staple fiber capacity in China by up to 1 million tons per year
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Market definition, along with the identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and prospective opportunities
- Various market perspectives, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Regions or countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Information about the application segment which is going to dominate the market over the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimation sheet in excel
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3. MARKET INSIGHTS
3.1 INDUSTRY VALUE CHAIN ANALYSIS
3.2 INDUSTRY ATTRACTIVENESS - PORTER’S FIVE FORCE ANALYSIS
3.2.1 BARGAINING POWER OF SUPPLIERS
3.2.2 BARGAINING POWER OF BUYERS
3.2.3 THREAT OF NEW ENTRANTS
3.2.4 THREAT OF SUBSTITUTES
3.2.5 DEGREE OF COMPETITION
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 GROWING DEMAND FOR APPARELS AND CLOTHING
4.1.2 INCREASED ADOPTION OF VISCOSE FABRICS DUE TO AMBIGUITY IN COTTON PRICES
4.2.1 RETALIATORY TARIFF ON VISCOSE IN THE UNITED STATES
4.2.2 COMPETITION FROM SYNTHETIC FIBERS
4.3.1 INCREASING USE OF CELLULOSE FIBERS IN HEALTHCARE APPLICATIONS
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION AND ANALYSIS
5.1 BY PRODUCTION PROCESS
5.1.1 RAYON GRADE PULP
5.1.2 CAUSTIC SODA
5.1.3 CARBON DISULPHIDE
5.1.4 SULPHURIC ACID
5.2 BY APPLICATION
5.2.1 TEXTILES & APPARELS
5.2.2 NON-WOVEN AND SPECIALTY
6. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
6.1.4 SOUTH KOREA
6.1.5 REST OF ASIA-PACIFIC
6.2 NORTH AMERICA
6.2.1 UNITED STATES
6.2.4 REST OF NORTH AMERICA
6.3.2 UNITED KINGDOM
6.3.5 REST OF EUROPE
6.4 REST OF THE WORLD
6.4.3 OTHER COUNTRIES
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 MERGERS, ACQUISITIONS, JOINT VENTURES, COLLABORATIONS & AGREEMENTS
7.2 MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS
7.3 STRATEGIES ADOPTED BY LEADING PLAYERS
8. COMPANY PROFILES
8.1 ADITYA BIRLA CHEMICALS
8.2 CHINA HI-TECH GROUP CORPORATION (CHTC)
8.3 GLANZSTOFF INDUSTRIES
8.4 JILIN CHEMICAL FIBER GROUP CO., LTD.
8.5 KELHEIM FIBERS GMBH
8.6 LENZING AG
8.8 NANJING CHEMICAL FIBRE CO., LTD.
8.9 SATERI HOLDINGS LIMITED
8.10 SNIAC GROUP
8.11 TANGSHAN SANYOU GROUP XINGDA CHEMICAL FIBRE CO., LTD.
8.12 XINJIANG ZHONGTAI CHEMICAL CO., LTD.
- ADITYA BIRLA MANAGEMENT CORP. PVT. LTD.
- TANGSGAN SANYOU GROUP XINGDA CHEMICAL FIBRE CO. Ltd.
- LENZING AG; CHINA HI-TECH GROUP CORPORATION (CHTC)
- GLANZSTOFF INDUSTRIES
- JILIN CHEMICAL FIBER GROUP CO. Ltd.
- KELHEIM FIBERS GMBH
- NANJING CHEMICAL FIBRE CO. Ltd.
- SNIAC GROUP
- XINJIANG ZHONGTAI CHEMICAL CO. Ltd.