The global probiotic dietary supplement market value is expected to reach USD 48.32 billion by 2023. The use of probiotics as a primary ingredient in sports nutrition is becoming a popular trend. For instance, companies like Ingredion, GoodBelly, and NextFoods Inc., are aiming to tap into the sports drink market, by improving their products using probiotics.
The demand for preventive medicine industries is on the rise, due to the high number of baby boomers suffering from digestive ailments, the higher interest of middle-aged adults in maintaining digestive health, along with the lack of balanced dietary intake.
The probiotic dietary supplements industry is highly competitive, and there is a huge opportunity for probiotic dietary supplements, with innovations such as personalized nutrition, vegan probiotic dietary supplements, etc.
The probiotic dietary supplements market is segmented by type into sports & energy supplements, food supplements, nutrition supplements, infant formula, and others. Nutrition supplements and infant formula are expected to register a CAGR of 6.04%.
The specialty nutrients segment has developed as one of the leading segments. Easy accessibility of specialty nutrient products and their health benefits have added to the growth of the segment in the recent past, and this trend is expected to continue over the forecast period.
Europe dominated the global market for probiotic dietary supplements, with around one-third of market share. Strong consumer awareness regarding probiotics usage, easy availability, and the presence of major industry manufacturers and their focus towards product innovation are expected to play a key role in the rapid growth of the market. Asia-Pacific is emerging as the fastest growing probiotic supplement market and is expected to witness a CAGR of 8.1% over the next five years. Increasing population and rising standards of living, owing to the increase in disposable incomes, are the key reasons for the demand.
- March 2017 - General Mills venture fund made an investment in Farmhouse Culture, a maker of probiotic-rich foods and beverages.
- June 2016 - Bacillus subtilis MB40, a unique strain of probiotics that is safe for consumption, is manufactured in BIO-CAT OPTI-BIOME™. The strain provides a better shelf-life and does not require refrigeration, making it ideal for inclusion not just in supplements, but in bars and powders as well.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Report Description
2. Market Overview
2.1 Market Trends
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Dynamics
220.127.116.11 Demand from Preventive Healthcare Industry
18.104.22.168 Evolving Global Functional Food Industry
22.214.171.124 Unclear Rules, Regulations, and Licensing
126.96.36.199 Capitalize the Prevailing Market Trend
188.8.131.52 Potential to Grow in Untapped Countries
3.1.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
184.108.40.206 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
220.127.116.11 Bargaining Power of Buyers
18.104.22.168 Threat of New Entrants
22.214.171.124 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
126.96.36.199 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Type
4.1.1 Sports Supplements
4.1.2 Food Supplements
4.1.3 Nutrition Supplements
4.1.4 Infant Formula
4.2 By Geography
4.2.1 North America
188.8.131.52 Rest of North America
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
220.127.116.11 Rest of APAC
4.2.4 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Africa
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Strategies Adopted by Key Players
5.2 Most Active Companies in the Past five years
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.2 BioCare Copenhagen
6.4 Chr. Hansen Holding A/S
6.5 Contract NUTRA
6.6 Custom Probiotics, Inc.
6.8 Deerland Enzymes
6.10 Mercola Probiotics
6.11 Nebraska Cultures