The extensive range of applications in various industries acts as a driver for industrial starches. Industrial starches are largely used as adhesives in paper and packaging material manufacturing, etc. Growing demand for starch is mainly due to its use in the coating of papers as one of the binders. Coated paper from starch has enhanced smoothness, whiteness, stability, and hence, improves the printing quality, which has boosted the sales of industrial starches. The growing demand for industrial starches as food additives, such as thickeners, are also responsible for the growth of the market.
The global industrial starch market is segmented, by type, into native starch and starch derivatives & sweeteners. The market for starch derivatives & sweeteners dominated in 2018, with the largest share, in terms of volume consumption. The market for native starch is projected to grow at a stable rate, owing to the maturity of its industrial applications.
By source, the industrial starch market in segmented into corn, wheat, cassava, and others. The market for corn was the largest in 2018. The production of cornstarch has increased tremendously owing to its multiple functionalities, such as thickening and adhesion. It is used in food, corrugation & paper making, textiles, etc. Applications, like pharmaceutical, cosmetics, and corrugation & paper making, collectively, accounted as the fastest-growing segment of the industrial starch market.
The industrial starch market, by form, was dominated by liquid form, and is also projected to be the fastest-growing segment. This is due to the wide use of sweeteners, such as maltodextrin and glucose syrups, in the liquid form. Native starch is found in dry form, while starch derivatives, mainly, sweeteners, are largely produced in liquid form. Modified starches are largely produced in dry form.
The industrial starch market is segmented by region into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Africa. In Asia-Pacific, China has the major market share, followed by India. Asia-Pacific has a dominant position due to the increasing consumption of starch, its derivatives, and sweeteners. Moreover, due to fewer raw materials and production costs, along with less rigid environment regulations, Asia-Pacific is in a better position to produce starch at more competitive prices than developed countries of Europe and North America.
MAJOR PLAYERS: CARGILL, ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND COMPANY, INGREDION INCORPORATED, TATE & LYLE PLC, AGRANA BETEILIGUNGS-AG, GRAIN PROCESSING CORPORATION, ROQUETTE FRÈRES, THE TEREOS GROUP, ROYAL COSUN, ALTIA INDUSTRIAL SERVICES, GRAIN PROCESSING CORPORATION, MANILDRA GROUP, UNIVERSAL STARCH CHEM ALLIED LTD., GREENTECH INDUSTRIES LTD. and AMYLCO GROUP OF COMPANIES, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth prospects of the market over the forecast period.
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development over the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles, covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timeline
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Overview
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Growth in Demand for Convenience Foods
4.1.2 Multiple Functionalities of Starch
4.1.3 Rise in Demand for Adhesive in the Packaging Industry
4.2.1 Growing Gum Arabic Market
4.3.1 Increasing Level of Innovation in Usage of Starch Derivatives
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Type
5.1.2 Starch Derivatives & Sweeteners
5.2 By Source
5.3 By Form
5.4 By Application
5.4.3 Paper Industry
5.4.4 Pharmaceutical Industry
5.5 By Geography
5.5.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
5.5.4 South America
188.8.131.52 South Africa
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Strategies Adopted by Key Players
6.2 Most Active Companies in The Past Five Years
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. List of Company Profiles
7.2 Archer Daniels Midland Company
7.3 Ingredion Incorporated
7.4 Tate & Lyle PLC
7.5 Agrana Beteiligungs-AG
7.6 Grain Processing Corporation
7.7 Roquette Frères
7.8 The Tereos Group
7.9 Royal Cosun
7.10 Altia Industrial Services
7.11 Grain Processing Corporation
7.12 Manildra Group
7.13 Universal Starch Chem Allied Ltd.
7.14 GreenTech Industries Ltd.
7.15 AMYLCO Group of Companies
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Ingredion Incorporated
- Tate & Lyle PLC
- Agrana Beteiligungs-AG
- Grain Processing Corporation
- Roquette Frères
- The Tereos Group
- Royal Cosun
- Altia Industrial Services
- Grain Processing Corporation
- Manildra Group
- Universal Starch Chem Allied Ltd.
- GreenTech Industries Ltd.
- AMYLCO Group of Companie.