Praise for BUSINESS CHEMISTRY
"Proof that business and humor are a potent mix, Business Chemistry is an entertaining read with serious insights. It is the most useful tool I have seen to drive real and meaningful conversations about individual differences across contexts from the classroom, to the board room, to the living room."
Jennifer Aaker, author of The Dragonfly Effect and General Atlantic Professor at the Stanford Graduate School of Business
"Business Chemistry provides a straightforward and powerful approach to cultivating strengths and leveraging differences among team members. A refreshing blend of practical tips, entertaining anecdotes, and provocative questions, this is a must–read for any organization interested in building healthy, high–performing teams."
Elizabeth Bryant, vice president of Southwest Airlines University
"I was surprised by how quickly this book shed light on the dynamics I′ve encountered throughout my career. Whether you′re leading a strategic transformation, developing future leaders, or working to earn the trust of your board, understanding others′ perspectives is critical. Business Chemistry provides a shortcut to understanding what people want and need to get the best out of themselves and their teams."
Charles Holley, retired chief financial officer of Walmart
"The most effective leaders remain coachable throughout their careers. If you′re seeking a leadership edge, start with Business Chemistry. Kim and Suzanne will give you tools to improve your connections with people from all walks of life, appropriately consider others′ perspectives, and create team environments where individual differences become a collective strength. I haven′t met a single leader, in the corporate or sports arena, who wouldn′t benefit from understanding Business Chemistry."
Byron Spruell, president of operations, National Basketball Association
VI. Forward (by Punit Renjen,
Global CEO, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited)
1. CHAPTER 1 The Power of Chemistry
13. CHAPTER 2 Lay of the Land
BUSINESS CHEMISTRY CORE
19. CHAPTER 3 PIONEERS Value Possibilities and Spark Energy and Imagination
29. CHAPTER 4 GUARDIANS Value Stability and Bring Order and Rigor
39. CHAPTER 5 DRIVERS Value Challenge and Generate Momentum
49. CHAPTER 6 INTEGRATORS Value Connection and Draw Teams Together
62. CHAPTER 7 Recognizing Others Through Business Chemistry Tells
81. CHAPTER 8 Using Business Chemistry Responsibly
BUSINESS CHEMISTRY ELECTIVES
91. CHAPTER 9 What about Introverts and Extroverts?
103. CHAPTER 10 Stress, Career Aspirations, and Other Headlines
129. CHAPTER 11 Nature or Nurture? (And Other Timeless Questions)
BUSINESS CHEMISTRY APPLICATIONS
151. CHAPTER 12 Pioneers in Hell How to Stop Killing their Potential
169. CHAPTER 13 Guardians in Hell How to Stop Killing their Potential
185. CHAPTER 14 Drivers in Hell How to Stop Killing their Potential
203. CHAPTER 15 Integrators in Hell How to Stop Killing their Potential
220. CHAPTER 16 Creating Powerful Relationships with Colleagues, Customers, and Everyone Else
234. CHAPTER 17 Putting Business Chemistry to Work On Your Teams
260. CHAPTER 18 Got Chemistry?
265. About the Authors (or When a Pioneer and a Guardian Work Together)
271. Appendix: Details of the Business Chemistry System
296. Photo Credits