IAAS Expected to Dominate the Market Landscape
IaaS provides agencies with access to the network, hardware, data center resources, and sometimes operating systems through a vendor, like AWS or Rackspace. If companies want to develop their own web platform, IaaS provides them with the opportunity to establish their in-house infrastructure in a remote location. This option usually requires a large investment of agency time and resources, and a dedicated team to manage everything from technology updates and security monitoring to managing helpdesk tickets, scalability, and website uptime. Due to such factors, governments across the world have been observed to be investing heavily in cloud infrastructure, encouraging the adoption of IaaS, indirectly propelling the growth of government cloud.
North America is Estimated to be the Largest Market
The government sector in this region is very well-established and is constantly looking for ways to innovate and move forward to improve efficiency in the day-to-day operations. Additionally, major players, like AWS and Microsoft, are based out of the United States, which allows the government to gain easier access to such advanced services prior to other contemporary governments. Microsoft offers products, like the Microsoft Azure Government, which is used to efficiently offer unique cloud instance exclusively for government customers and their solution providers. The availability of government-specific solutions in the region are set to boost the growth of the North American government cloud market during the forecast period.
Key Developments in the Market
- May 2017 - SAP SE released ‘SAP Anywhere’, which is a cloud-based, mobile-friendly solution, specifically designed for businesses with less than USD10 million in sales. It enables small businesses to sell wholesale or retail, B2B or B2C, and integrates with both, Amazon and eBay sales platforms.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Impact of the government adoption of cloud services, resulting in reduction of costs, virtualization of servers, consolidation of data centers, and standardization of applications.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Growth of various types of agencies, delivery modes, deployment models, cloud, and applications.
- Regional analysis of the market.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.2.1 Greater Storage and Computing Capabilities
4.2.2 Increased Transparency for the People
4.2.3 Acceleration in Data Center Consolidation
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market
4.3.1 Security Concerns & Financial Restraints
4.3.2 Regulations and Standards Limiting the Deployment of Cloud
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Global Government Cloud Market Segmentation
5.1 By Deployment Model
5.1.1 Private Cloud
5.1.2 Public Cloud
5.1.3 Hybrid Cloud
5.2 By Delivery Mode
5.2.1 Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
5.2.2 Platform as a Service (PaaS)
5.2.3 Software as a Service (SaaS)
5.3 By Application
5.3.1 Server & Storage
5.3.2 Disaster Recovery/Data Backup
5.3.3 Security & Compliance
5.3.5 Content Management
5.3.6 Others (Collaboration, Health & Safety)
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 North America
5.4.4 Latin America
5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
6.1 Amazon Web Services, Inc.
6.2 AT&T Inc.
6.3 CGI Group Inc.
6.4 Cisco Systems, Inc.
6.5 Dell Inc.
6.7 IBM Corporation
6.8 Microsoft Corporation
6.9 NetApp, Inc.
6.10 Oracle Corporation
6.11 Rackspace Inc.
6.12 Salesforce.com, Inc.
6.13 Verizon Wireless
6.14 VMware, Inc.
7. Investment Analysis
8. Future of the Government Cloud Market
- Amazon Web Services Inc.
- AT&T Inc.
- CGI Group Inc.
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Dell Inc.
- IBM Corporation
- Microsoft Corporation
- NetApp Inc.
- Rackspace Inc.
- Salesforce.com Inc.
- Verizon Wireless
- VMware Inc.
- Oracle Corporation