Bucuresti-Ilfov, Sud-Muntenia, Sud-Est and Nord-Vest contribute 61.6% to the country’s GDP and comprise 51.5% of Romania’s population.
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 25.7% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2016, followed by transport, storage and communication (14.0%) and financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (13.3%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 6.21%, 7.33% and 5.81% respectively in 2017.
- Drop in tax rates and easy access to European Funds drove inward FDI in 2016
- The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) granted EUR2.2m for the development of Romania’s water and sewage infrastructure in January 2018. EU, EIB, EBRD and World Bank are providing a EUR270m package to finance a permanent connection between Romania and Moldova’s electrical networks in December 2017.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Did You Know?
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Romania’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Developed Europe and The World
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: BET Index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows (2012-2016) and FDI by Sector (2014-2016)
Exhibit 7: FDI by Country and State
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2016)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2016
Exhibit 14: Motor Cars and Other Motor Vehicles Principally Designed for the Transport, % of World Total, 2016
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 17: Public Finance
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 24: Gender Spilt
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 27: High-technology exports (% of manufactured exports), 2016
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Romania 2018
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2016
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions 37