Favorable government policies and adoption of new farming practices, among others are driving the market
One of the major factors driving the market are the favorable government policies. There has been heavy regulation on the use of pesticides, due to health hazards. In the year May 2017, Monsanto paused the commercialization of NemaStrike™ Technology, due to skin irritation and rashes after use. However, in an association with the Danish company, Novozymes, Monsanto reached an agreement worth USD 300 million, and BioAg Alliance was formed in the year 2013, which focused toward research activities from both companies for the production and marketing of microbial biopesticides. In the year 2017, Monsanto plans to add microbial seed treatment, called Acceleron B-300 SAT, to all its corn hybrids.
Factors, such as the growing demand for organic products, adoption of new and modern farming techniques, favor the market growth. High growth rate is expected in countries, like China and India, as the government is now curbing the use of hazardous synthetic pesticides.
U.S. to Dominate the Global Microbial Pesticides Market
U.S. account for the largest microbial pesticides market by value, globally. Increasing acreage under grains, cereals and oilseeds play a major role in pushing up volume consumption of microbial pesticides in the United States. Although the consumption of microbial pesticides for grains & cereals is the largest (in size) in the country’s crop-based applications, the growth for oilseed applications is likely to be the fastest (in growth rate), due to the growing demand for its products.
Key Developments in the Market
- May 2017, Monsanto paused the commercialization of NemaStrike™ Technology, due to skin irritation and rashes after use.
- 2017, Monsanto added a microbial seed treatment called Acceleron B-300 SAT to all its new corn hybrids.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- To understand the growth trends and forecast for 2018 - 2023 in the global microbial pesticides market. The information is crucial to understand the market’s functionalities and the changes which are possible to follow.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Major developments in the market are identified in the study, which helps the clients to understand the nature and scope of this market from a macro perspective.
- The information regarding market overview, especially in terms of maturity provided in the study, is essential toward developing apt growth strategies suitable for the region considered in the study.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
Companies & Countries of client’s interest can be included in report based on feasibility of report.
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Scope & Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Market Segmentation
2.3 Study Assumptions
2.4 Research Methodology
2.5 Research Phases
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Demand of non-chemical treatments for crop protection is increasing
3.1.2 Microbial Pesticides are less toxic than the chemical based pesticides
3.1.3 Low toxicity of microbial pesticides on non-target pest species
3.1.4 Growing Demand and Popularity of Organically Grown Products
3.1.5 No residual toxicity for human and other animals
3.1.6 Favorable Government Policies
3.2.1 High Target Pest Specificity
3.2.2 Less Consumer Awareness of Organic Pesticides and Fertilizers
3.3 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.3.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Ingredient Type
4.1.1 Bacteria-based Pesticides
4.1.2 Fungi-based Pesticides
4.1.3 Virus-based Pesticides
4.2 By Product Type
4.2.1 Microbial Herbicide
4.2.2 Microbial Fungicide
4.2.3 Microbial Insecticide
4.3 By Application
4.3.1 By Crop-based
126.96.36.199 Grain and Cereal
188.8.131.52 Oil Seed
184.108.40.206 Fruit and Vegetable
4.3.2 Non-crop- based
220.127.116.11 Turf & Ornamental Grass
4.3.3 By Geography
18.104.22.168 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
4.3.6 South America
188.8.131.52 South Africa
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
5.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Valent BioSciences
6.4 Agri Life
6.5 Marrone Bio Innovations
6.6 Novozyme Biological
6.7 Bayer Crop Science
6.9 IsAgro Spa
6.10 De Sangosse
6.11 FMC Corporation
7. Future Outlook of the Market
- Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd
- BASF SE
- Bayer Cropscience AG
- Bioworks Inc.
- Dow Agrosciences LLC
- FMC Corporation
- Isagro SPA
- Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha Ltd
- Marrone Bio Innovations Inc.
- Monsanto Company
- Nippon Soda Co. Ltd
- Nufarm Ltd
- Arysta Life Science
- Syngenta International AG
- Sumitomo Chemical
- UPL Ltd