Growing Emphasis on food security drives the market
Global population is increasing exponentially, and every day nearly 200,000 people are adding up to the world food demand. . Farmland per capita in 2030 will decrease to 1800m², from the 2,200m² in 2005. Adding to this, crop pests are causing 10-16% of global crop losses annually, making the situation worse. To attain self-sufficiency in food, hydroponics provide an effective solution as the technology uses the space efficiently.
Hydroponic industry is the documented higher yield in comparison to traditional agricultural techniques. Along with profit farming, growing consumption of exotic, salad crops and increasing need for global food security will drive the market upwards.
Europe dominates the market share
Europe is traditionally the largest market that is implementing advanced techniques in hydroponics smart greenhouse horticulture. The matured European market demand is led by countries, such as the Netherlands, Spain and France, Holland is the largest producer of hydroponic crops and is expected to maintain the lead for the next 10 years. All the main vegetable and fruit crops are grown in European countries
Key Developments in the Market
- August 2017, Lawn-and-garden giant Scotts Miracle-Gro spent USD 136 million for Gavita, a Dutch grow lighting and Hardware Company. Through its subsidiary, Hawthorne Gardening Co., Scott has invested in companies such as Boulder’s AeroGrow, an indoor gardening company and acquired California’s General Hydroponics Inc. for USD 130 million. They also spent USD 77.1 million to acquire Botanicare.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- To have an understanding of the fastest growing or/and largest regions during the forecast period
- The report outlines drives, restraints and trends that are currently effecting the market
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitors overview, company share analysis
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
Companies & Countries of client’s interest can be included in report based on feasibility of report.
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Scope & Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Methodology
2.4 Research Phases
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Growing Emphasis on Food Security
3.1.2 Higher Consumption of Salad Crops & Exotic Vegetables
3.1.3 Environment-Friendly Profit Farming
3.2.1 High Startup Cost
3.2.2 Less Adoption and Awareness
3.3 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Powers of Buyers
3.3.2 Bargaining Powers of Suppliers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat from Substitute products
3.3.5 Competition Rivalry
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Type
4.1.1 Aggregate Hydroponic System
184.108.40.206 Closed Systems
220.127.116.11 Open Systems
4.1.2 Liquid Hydroponic Systems
4.2 By Crop Type
4.2.2 Lettuce & Leafy Vegetables
4.3 By Geography
4.3.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 The Netherlands
4.3.4 South America
4.3.5 Rest of the World
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Middle East
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Most Adopted Strategies
5.2 Most Active Companies
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Bright Farms
6.2 Circle Fresh Farms
6.3 Argus Controls
6.6 KUBO Greenhouse Projects
6.7 Heliospectra AB
6.8 Hydrofarm, Inc.
6.9 Greentech Agro, Llc
6.10 Hydrodynamics International, Inc.
6.11 American Hydroponics, Inc.
6.12 Lumigrow, Inc
6.13 General Hydroponics, Inc.
6.14 Koninklijke Philips NV
6.15 Logiqs B.V.
6.17 Thanet Earth
6.18 Pegasus agritech
6.20 Village farms international
6.21 James foskett farms
6.23 Terra Tech
7. Future outlook of the Market
- HortiMaXBright Farms
- Circle Fresh Farms
- Argus Controls
- KUBO Greenhouse Projects
- Heliospectra AB
- Hydrofarm Inc.
- Greentech Agro LLC
- Hydrodynamics International Inc.
- American Hydroponics Inc.
- Lumigrow Inc
- General Hydroponics Inc.
- Koninklijke Philips NV
- Logiqs B.V.
- Thanet Earth
- Pegasus agritech
- Village farms international
- James foskett farms
- Terra Tech