Growing Demand for Food Safety and quality drives the market
While the prevalence of chemical or synthetic pesticides in crop protection would continue, human, animal and environmental health concerns would play key roles in driving growth for Biopesticides. Several countries are adopting a stringent approach concerning the amount of imports, with a special focus on regulating the quantity of pesticide residues. As a result, the demand for regulated food safety and quality is becoming larger In spite of their low toxicity and environment impact levels.
Biofungicides can be very effective even in very small quantities and are quick in decomposition, which cause lower exposure levels and prevent problems of pollution associated with traditional pesticides.
Europe dominates the market share
Europe constitutes the largest consuming markets for biofungicide at 50% of the global market share, which is forecast to maintain a CAGR of 9.17% between 2018 and 2023. The distribution network of Biopesticide products, including biofungicides, is well-established in most European countries; this is further helping the market strong hold of various products.
Germany is the single largest European value consumer of biofungicides, accounting for an estimated share of 22%, Spain and Italy are likely to emerge as the fastest growing markets in 2018-2023. Use of biofungicides in Europe for Crop-Based applications is the largest and is growing faster than Non-Crop-Based applications. Grain & Cereal and Oilseed applications are the largest end-users of biofungicides in the region, with the latter also being the fastest growing among them.
Key Developments in the Market
- January , 2018 — BASF’s new Velondis® brand biofungicide seed treatment formulations have received registrations from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- To have an understanding of the fastest growing or/and largest regions during the forecast period
- The report outlines drives, restraints and trends that are currently effecting the market
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitors overview, company share analysis
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
- Countries of client’s interest can be included in report based on feasibility of report.
- Companies of client’s interest can be included in report based on feasibility of report.
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Scope & Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Market Segmentation
2.3 Study Assumptions
2.4 Research Methodology
2.5 Research Phases
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Growing Demand for food safety & Quality
3.1.2 Biopesticides gaining market share over synthetic pesticides
3.1.3 Low R&D Costs
3.1.4 Adoption of organic farming practices
3.1.5 Governments promoting Bio control products
3.2.1 Low consumer adoption of Biopesticides
3.2.2 High specificity on target pests
3.2.3 High Costs and low availability
3.3 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Powers of Buyers
3.3.2 Bargaining Powers of Suppliers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat from Substitute products
3.3.5 Competition Rivalry
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By product group/segment
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Crop based
220.127.116.11 Grains & Cereals
18.104.22.168 Oil seeds
22.214.171.124 Fruits & Vegetables
4.2.2 Non Crop based
126.96.36.199 Turf & Ornamental Grass
4.3 By Geography
4.3.1 North America
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia pacific
4.3.4 Latin America
18.104.22.168 Rest of Latin America
4.3.5 Rest of World
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Most Adopted Strategies
5.2 Most Active Companies
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Bioworks, Inc.
6.2 Marrone BioInnovations
6.3 Certis LLC
6.5 Novozyme biologicals
6.6 Valent Biosciences Corporation
6.7 International Pannacea Ltd
6.11 De Sangosse Ltd
7. Future outlook of the Market