The growing awareness among consumers of the health benefits of Omega-3 Fatty Acids is a factor for the growth of krill oil market. Krill oil is a superior source of EPA and DHA because the polyunsaturated fats are packaged as phospholipids, which can be used immediately consumed by the body, when compared to fish oil which is the EPA and DHA is, typically packaged as triglycerides and have to undergo additional processing in order to make them bioavailable. Thus, the rising adoption of krill oil as substitutes for fish oil is driving the global krill oil market.
Tablet Segment is Likely to Hold the Dominant Market Share of the Global Krill Oil Market
The global krill oil market, on the basis of product type, has been segmented into - tablet and liquid. Market value of tablet segment dominates the global krill oil market, due to growing number of krill oil capsule manufacturers as consumers prefer the tablet form due to ease of usage and easy storage. By application, the krill oil market is segmented into dietary supplements, pharmaceuticals, pet food and animal food, and functional food and beverages. Medical benefits, such as, lower blood pressure, improved heart health, and reduced triglycerides, from krill oil dietary supplements, are allowing the dietary supplement segment to dominate the market.
There has been a recent increase in consumption of krill oil among the consumers in developed regions such as North America and Europe due to the increasing aware of the importance of omega-3 fatty acids, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) in their daily nutritional requirements which krill oil provides. Europe accounts for the largest market share of global krill oil market. Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness high growth during the forecast period due increasing influence of health trends in the developing countries.
MAJOR PLAYERS: AKER BIOMARINE, AZANTIS INC., BIO-RESOURCES INC., DAEDUCK FRD INC., ENZYMOTEC LTD, NEPTUNE TECHNOLOGIES & IORESOURCES, NORWEGIAN FISH OIL AND RIMFROST AS, NUTRIGOLD INC., NWC NATURALS LLC, OLYMPIC SEAFOOD AS, QINGDAO KANGJING MARINE TECHNOLOGY and RB LLC., amongst others.
- In 2016, the company patented Flexitech technology, which enables continuous innovation and expansion of the krill oil product line.
- In 2014, AkerBioMarine obtained product approval from Food Safety Standards Authorities of India (FSSAI). With this approval, the company entered India successfully with Superba krill oil.
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth prospects of the market over the forecast period.
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development over the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles, covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Report Description
2. Market Overview
2.1 Market Trend
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Dynamics
188.8.131.52 Rising Demand for Omega-3 Fatty Acids
184.108.40.206 Consumer Demand for Healthy Oils to Reduce Bad Cholesterol
220.127.116.11 Consumer Shift to Fish Oil
18.104.22.168 Stringent Government Regulations
22.214.171.124 Increased Medical Applications of Krill Oil
126.96.36.199 Widespread Application in Food and Supplements
3.1.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
188.8.131.52 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
184.108.40.206 Bargaining Power of Buyers
220.127.116.11 Threat of New Entrants
18.104.22.168 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
22.214.171.124 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type
4.1.1 Liquid Type
4.1.2 Tablet Type
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Dietary Supplements
4.2.3 Pet Food and Animal Food
4.2.4 Functional Food and Beverages
4.3 By Geography
4.3.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
4.3.4 South America
184.108.40.206 South Africa
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Strategies Adopted by Key Players
5.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Aker BioMarine
6.2 Azantis Inc.
6.3 Bio-resources Inc.
6.4 Daeduck FRD Inc.
6.5 Enzymotec Ltd
6.6 Neptune Technologies & Bioresources
6.7 Norwegian Fish Oil and Rimfrost AS
6.8 Nutrigold Inc.
6.9 NWC Naturals LLC
6.10 Olympic Seafood AS
6.11 Qingdao Kangjing Marine Technology
6.12 RB LLC
- Aker BioMarine
- Azantis Inc.
- Bio-resources Inc.
- Daeduck FRD Inc.
- Enzymotec Ltd
- Neptune Technologies & ioresources
- Norwegian Fish Oil and Rimfrost AS
- Nutrigold Inc.
- NWC Naturals LLC
- Olympic Seafood AS
- Qingdao Kangjing Marine Technology
- RB LLC