Pollution Control Technology for Leachate from Municipal Solid Waste explores the physical, chemical and biological factors that produce leachate and technological solutions for its control. The book introduces the integrated and pre-treatment leachate treatment processes that are necessary to deal with the variations of pollutants in leachate. Real world case-studies are provided to illustrate these treatment processes, along with leachate treatment engineering process design and the construction of municipal solid waste incinerator power plants. This book will be of particular interest to Civil, Chemical and Environmental Engineers, but will also be ideal for Environmental Scientists.
- Provides quantity and quality prediction models, along with properties of effluent concentrated leachate liquid
- Includes physical and chemical treatment processes for leachate, including ammonia nitrogen removal using struvite precipitation, crystal variation and microstructure of the struvite, etc.
- Covers leachate treatment engineering processes for design and construction of treatment plants
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Physical and chemical treatment processes for leachate
3. Biological treatment processes for leachate and physical and chemical treatment processes for its effluents
4. Irrigation of diluted leachate for plants growth
5. Leachate treatment engineering processes
Zhao Youcai is a professor of environmental engineering at the School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Tongji University, Shanghai, China. He received his bachelor degree from Sichuan University, Chengdu, China (1984) and his Ph.D. from the Institute of Chemical Metallurgy (now Institute of Process Engineering), Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing (1989). He completed his post-doctoral research work at Fudan University, Shanghai, China and joined in Tongji University in 1991. He has also worked at Aristotle University, Greece; National University of Singapore, Singapore; Tulane University, USA; and Paul Scherrer Institute, Switzerland, for 4 years as research fellow or visiting professor. He has authored and co-authored 158 publications in peer-reviewed internationally recognized journals, 420 publications in China journals, and 6 English books, and has authored, co-authored, and edited 85 Chinese books. His research interests include treatment of municipal solid wastes, sewage and industrial sludge, hazardous wastes, polluted construction wastes, and industrial wastes.