"Food & Grocery Retailing in New Zealand, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to New Zealand retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing New Zealand food and grocery retail industry.
The food & grocery sector held a major share of 46.1% of total retail sales in 2016 and also account for 56% of total exports from the country. Dairy products and allied processed dairy products accounted for 29% of exports in 2016. Healthy economic growth led to the stable growth of the food and grocery sector, which achieved sales of NZ$28bn in 2016 and is forecast to register a CAGR of 3.9% over the next five years, to reach NZ$34bn by 2021. Foodstuffs (NZ) Ltd, which owns popular brands such as New World, Four Square, PAK'nSAVE, and On the Spot is the top retail group in the food and grocery sector with a market share of 37.7% in 2016. Leading retailers such as Four Square, The Warehouse, and New World expanded their footprint across the country, thereby driving sales.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in Food & Grocery category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in Food & Grocery sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in Food & Grocery sector
- Retail sales to register healthy growth through 2021
- Food and grocery continues to be the largest sector
- Domestic players dominate sector sales
- Hypermarkets and supermarkets continue to remain the preferred channel
- Countdown and New World accounted for nearly 40% of sector sales in 2016
- Local mass middle players dominate the sector
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the New Zealand retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in New Zealand retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
The State of the Nation
The State of Retail
Food & Grocery