- Trends in gene therapy partnering deals
- Disclosed headlines, upfronts, milestones and royalties by stage of development
- Gene therapy partnering contract documents
- Top gene therapy deals by value
The Global Gene Therapy Partnering Terms and Agreements 2010-2022 report provides an understanding and access to the gene therapy partnering deals and agreements entered into by the worlds leading healthcare companies.
The report provides a detailed understanding and analysis of how and why companies enter gene therapy partnering deals. The majority of deals are early development stage whereby the licensee obtains a right or an option right to license the licensors gene therapytechnology or product candidates. These deals tend to be multicomponent, starting with collaborative R&D, and commercialization of outcomes.
This report provides details of the latest gene therapy, oligonucletides including aptamers agreements announced in the healthcare sectors.
Understanding the flexibility of a prospective partner’s negotiated deals terms provides critical insight into the negotiation process in terms of what you can expect to achieve during the negotiation of terms. Whilst many smaller companies will be seeking details of the payments clauses, the devil is in the detail in terms of how payments are triggered - contract documents provide this insight where press releases and databases do not.
This report contains a comprehensive listing of all gene therapy partnering deals announced since 2010 including financial terms where available including over 650 links to online deal records of actual gene therapy partnering deals as disclosed by the deal parties. In addition, where available, records include contract documents as submitted to the Securities Exchange Commission by companies and their partners.
Contract documents provide the answers to numerous questions about a prospective partner’s flexibility on a wide range of important issues, many of which will have a significant impact on each party’s ability to derive value from the deal.
For example, analyzing actual company deals and agreements allows assessment of the following:
- What is actually granted by the agreement to the partner company?
- What exclusivity is granted?
- What are the precise rights granted or optioned?
- What is the payment structure for the deal?
- How are sales and payments audited?
- What is the deal term?
- How are the key terms of the agreement defined?
- How are IPRs handled and owned?
- Who is responsible for commercialization?
- Who is responsible for development, supply, and manufacture?
- How is confidentiality and publication managed?
- How are disputes to be resolved?
- Under what conditions can the deal be terminated?
- What happens when there is a change of ownership?
- What sublicensing and subcontracting provisions have been agreed?
- Which boilerplate clauses does the company insist upon?
- Which boilerplate clauses appear to differ from partner to partner or deal type to deal type?
- Which jurisdiction does the company insist upon for agreement law?
The initial chapters of this report provide an orientation of Gene Therapy dealmaking and business activities. Chapter 1 provides an introduction to the report, whilst chapter 2 provides an overview of the trends in Gene Therapy dealmaking since 2010, including details of average headline, upfront, milestone and royalty terms.
Chapter 3 provides a review of the leading Gene Therapy deals since 2010. Deals are listed by headline value, signed by big pharma, most active Gene Therapy dealmaking companies. Where the deal has an agreement contract published at the SEC a link provides online access to the contract.
Chapter 4 provides a comprehensive listing of the top 25 most active companies in Gene Therapy dealmaking with a brief summary followed by a comprehensive listing of Gene Therapy deals, as well as contract documents available in the public domain. Where available, each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the actual contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Chapter 5 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of Gene Therapy partnering deals signed and announced since Jan 2010, where a contract document is available in the public domain. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Chapter 6 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of Gene Therapy partnering deals signed and announced since Jan 2010. The chapter is organized by specific Gene Therapy technology type in focus. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
In addition, a comprehensive appendix is provided organized by Gene Therapy partnering company A-Z, deal type definitions and Gene Therapy partnering agreements example. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
The report also includes numerous tables and figures that illustrate the trends and activities in Gene Therapy partnering and dealmaking since 2010.
In conclusion, this report provides everything a prospective dealmaker needs to know about partnering in the research, development and commercialization of Gene Therapy technologies and products.
Global Gene Therapy Partnering Terms and Agreements is intended to provide the reader with an in-depth understanding and access to gene therapy trends and structure of deals entered into by leading companies worldwide.
Global Gene Therapy Partnering Terms and Agreements includes:
- Trends in gene therapy dealmaking in the biopharma industry since 2010
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Access to over 650 gene therapy deals
- The leading gene therapy deals by value since 2010
- Most active gene therapy dealmakers since 2010
- The leading gene therapy partnering resources
In Global Gene Therapy Partnering Terms and Agreements, the available contracts are listed by:
- Company A-Z
- Headline value
- Stage of development at signing
- Deal component type
- Specific therapy and technology target
Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Table of Contents
2.2. Gene therapy partnering over the years
2.3. Most active Gene therapy dealmakers
2.4. Gene therapy partnering by deal type
2.5. Gene therapy partnering by therapy area
2.6. Deal terms for Gene therapy partnering
2.6.1 Gene therapy partnering headline values
2.6.2 Gene therapy deal upfront payments
2.6.3 Gene therapy deal milestone payments
2.6.4 Gene therapy royalty rates
3.2. Top Gene therapy deals by value
4.2. Most active Gene therapy dealmakers
4.3. Most active Gene therapy partnering company profiles
5.2. Gene therapy contracts dealmaking directory
Appendix 2 - Gene therapy deals by stage of development
Appendix 3 - Gene therapy deals by deal type
Appendix 4 - Gene therapy deals by therapy area
Appendix 5 - Deal type definitions
Figure 2: Active Gene therapy dealmaking activity since 2010
Figure 3: Gene therapy partnering by deal type since 2010
Figure 4: Gene therapy partnering by disease type since 2010
Figure 5: Gene therapy deals with a headline value
Figure 6: Gene therapy deals with an upfront value
Figure 7: Gene therapy deals with a milestone value
Figure 8: Gene therapy deals with a royalty rate value
Figure 9: Top Gene therapy deals by value since 2010
Figure 10: Most active Gene therapy dealmakers since 2010
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- 2seventy bio
- 4D Molecular Therapeutics
- Abby Grace Foundation
- Abeona Therapeutics
- Accelerator for Technological Research in Genomic Therapies
- Actinium Pharmaceuticals
- Addex Therapeutics
- Advanced BioScience Laboratories
- Advanced Biotherapeutics Consulting
- Aevitas Therapeutics
- Affinia Therapeutics
- AffyXell Therapeutics
- Agathos Biologics
- AgeX Therapeutics
- Agilis Biotherapeutics
- AH Diagnostics
- Alcyone Lifesciences
- Alder Biopharmaceuticals
- Allegheny General Hospital
- Allen Institute for Brain Science
- Alliance for Cancer Gene Therapy
- Alliance for Regenerative Medicine
- Allogene Therapeutics
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals
- ALS Finding a Cure Foundation
- ALS Therapy Development Institute
- Amarantus BioSciences
- Amarna Therapeutics
- Ambys Medicines
- American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- American Gene Technologies
- American Society of Gene and Cell Therapy
- Amicus Therapeutics
- Amsterdam Molecular Therapeutics
- AnC Bio
- AnGes MG
- Annapurna Therapeutics
- Apollo Therapeutics
- Applied DNA Sciences
- Applied StemCell
- Arbor Biotechnologies
- ARCA Biopharma
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals
- Ark Therapeutics
- Arranta Bio
- Aruvant Sciences
- ASC Therapeutics
- Asklepios Biopharmaceutical
- Astellas Pharma
- Auburn University
- Audentes Therapeutics
- Avalanche Biotechnologies
- Avellino Labs
- Avila Therapeutics
- Avita Therapeutics
- Avvinity Therapeutics
- Axovant Gene Therapies
- Bachmann-Strauss Dystonia & Parkinson Foundation
- Baxter International
- Baylor College
- Baylor College of Medicine
- B Braun
- B Braun CeGaT
- Beam Therapeutics
- Beijing Genomics Institute (BGI)
- Bellicum Pharmaceuticals
- Benitec Biopharma
- Be The Match BioTherapies
- BIA Separations
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- BioLife Solutions
- BioMarin Pharmaceutical
- Bionic Sight
- BioSante Pharmaceuticals
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC)
- Blood Centers of America
- Blood Systems Research Institute
- Bluebird Bio
- Blueprint Genetics
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Brain Research Through Advancing Innovative NeurotechnologiesInitiative
- Brammer Bio
- BridgeBio Pharma
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Broad Institute
- Brooklyn ImmunoTherapeutics
- Butantan Institute
- California Institute for Regenerative Medicine
- CAMP4 Therapeutics
- CANbridge Pharmaceuticals
- Capsida Biotherapeutics
- Casebia Therapeutics
- Case Western Reserve University
- Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
- Castle Creek Biosciences
- The publisher reports provide insight into the trends and terms of partnering deals in the global life sciences sector.
- The publisher reports are updated every six months to ensure the user has access to the latest announcements and trends in the topic focus of the report.
- The publisher analysts review the deal data to provide an overview and analysis of deal trends, including example deals and terms.
- The publisher reports source deal data from our proprietary deals and alliances database. The database is updated daily by our analysts with new deals as they are announced globally by the company’s party to the deal.
- The data in the deals and alliances database is obtained from secondary sources such as publicly available industry sources including press releases, company presentations, investor presentations, company SEC filings, other company filings, company websites, conference presentations. Sources are identified to allow for user verification.
The publisher provides comprehensive coverage of the following partnering or deal types:
- Asset purchase
- Collaborative R&D
- Contract service
- Equity purchase
- Joint venture
- Royalty financing
- Spin out
- Sub license
Every deal record is fully categorized and includes the following data, where available:
- Industry sector
- Therapy areas
- Technology type
- Deal components
- Financial terms
- Stage of development
- Asset type
- Geographic focus
- Excluded geography
- Company press release
- SEC filing data including contract document
All financial amounts are converted to US$ using the exchange rate available on the date of deal announcement, enabling direct comparison of deal terms across international territories.