The Germany snack bar market is expected to register a CAGR of 2.85% during the forecast period (2018 - 2023). The long-term rise in snacking on-the-go and rise in snacking between meals have helped the snack bar market growth.
Consumers Looking for Convenient, On-the-go Meal and Snack Options
Germany being a fast-paced society and the rising number of single households are driving the demand for highly convenient food products, including ready-to-eat meals and snack bars. Stores are heavily flooded with all types of snack bars, like protein-rich bars, nutritious bars, and gluten- and dairy-free bars, which attract the health-conscious consumers. There is a growing demand for cereal bars with super foods, like chia, quinoa, etc., as they provide nutrition with convenience at the same time.
With the highly competitive nature of the market, many products use multiple positioning's and claims. This is acting as a huge opportunity for the snack bar industry as the players want to gain market share based on product differentiation.
Breakfast Bars likely to Register the Highest Growth Rate of 4.32%
The snack bar market is segmented by product type into breakfast bar, granola/muesli bar, energy & nutrition bar, and fruit bar. The breakfast bar segment is expected to register a CAGR of 4.32% during the forecast period, as consumers replace meals with breakfast bars, in order to consume the right amount of nutrition. Bars high in protein and fiber, and low in carbohydrates have been influencing the preferences of the consumers in the snack bar market.
The hypermarket/supermarket accounted for a share of 22.07% in 2017, and is expected to register a CAGR of 3.03% during the forecast period. By distribution channel, the market is divided into hypermarket/supermarket, convenience store, specialist retailer, discounter, online channel, and others. The online sales account for a significant share, mainly due to the increase in consumer preference toward online shopping.
- February 2017: Kellogg’s Special K brand added new chewy Caramel Almond Sea Salt and rich Chocolate Coconut Cashew flavors to its previous Nourish Snack Bar flavors of Cranberry Almond and Chocolate Almond
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are driving the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Country-level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis. and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements..
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Trends
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Consumers Looking for Convenient, On-the-go Meal and Snack Options
4.1.2 Product Innovation
4.2.1 Rising Prices due to the Increasing Costs of Production and Ingredients
4.3.1 Growing Demand for Functional Snack Bar
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Consumer Behavior Analysis
4.5.1 Consumer Demand Analysis
4.5.2 Target Market Identification
18.104.22.168 Purchasing Power
22.214.171.124 Demographical Strengths and Weaknesses
126.96.36.199 Spending Patterns
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Breakfast Bar
5.1.2 Energy & Nutrition Bar
5.1.3 Granola/ Muesli Bar
5.1.4 Fruit Bar
5.1.5 Other Snack Bars
5.2 By Distribution Channel
5.2.2 Convenience Store
5.2.3 Specialist Retailer
6. Competitive Landscape
7. Company Profiles
7.1 CLIF BAR (LUNA BAR)
7.2 EAT NATURAL
7.3 GENERAL MILLS
7.4 HERO GROUP
7.6 MARS INC.
7.8 NATURAL BALANCE FOODS
7.10 POST HOLDINGS