Monk fruit is a natural source of sweetener and provides extracts that are 200-250 times sweeter than sugar. It is a member of the melon family, which is extensively cultivated in subtropical Southeast Asian countries.
Growing Applications across the Functional Food & Beverage Industry
The functional properties of monk fruit sweeteners, such as anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-carcinogenic properties, are likely to influence the growth of the monk fruit sweetener market over the forecast period. The health benefits derived from monk fruit sweetener or mongroside V, are expected to augment the medicinal value and help reduce the chances of obesity, diabetes, respiratory diseases, and cough. The elevated prices of monk fruit sweeteners, in contrast to artificial source of sweeteners, are likely to restrict the expansion of the monk fruit sweeteners’ market size. Rise in consumer preferences for naturally derived sweetener is likely to create new types of monk fruit sweeteners, blended with a scope of innovation, for health-conscious consumers. Lo han guo or monk fruit sweetener is an emerging natural sweetener, as it has a wide scope for growth in functional food & beverage products.
By form, the global market has been segmented into dry and liquid forms. By application, the monk fruit sweetener market has been bifurcated into food & beverage and pharmaceuticals. The food & beverage segment has been further sub-segmented into beverages, bakery & confectionary, dairy products, dietary supplements, and other food and beverages.
North America is an Emerging Market
The North American segment of the market studied has been gaining importance, in line with the shift of consumer preference from artificial to natural sources of sweeteners. Monk fruit sweetener is the second most popular ingredient after stevia, and is widely popular across the food & beverage industry. The incorporation of monk fruit sweetener in sports and nutrition-based supplements is anticipated to influence the development of the market in this region. The monk fruit sweetener market is expected to record robust growth in Asia-Pacific, due to the rapid expansion of the food & beverage industry. China and Thailand are the two countries where monk fruit sweeteners are majorly produced.
- June 2016: Archer Daniels Midland Company partnered with GLG Life Tech Corporation, and announced a new partnership to manufacture, market, and sell low-calorie monk fruit sweeteners to customers across the globe.
- June 2015: Guilin GFS Bio-Tech Co and Biovittoria doubled up their capacity for monk fruit supply, which, in turn, has significantly boosted the production capacity of Monk Fruit Corp.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Report Description
2. Market Overview
2.1 Scope of the Market
2.2 Market Trends
3. Market Dynamics
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Form
4.2 By Application
4.2.4 Dairy Products
4.2.5 Dietary supplements
4.2.6 Other Applications
4.3 By Geography
4.3.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 Rest of North America
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
4.3.4 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of South Africa
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Strategy Adopted by Key players
5.2 Most Active Companies over the Past Five Years
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Archer Daniels Midland Company
6.2 Monk Fruit Corp.
6.3 Guilin LAYN Natural Ingredients Corp.
6.4 Tate and Lyle
6.5 Hunan Huacheng Biotech Inc.
6.7 Organic Herb Inc.
6.8 Acetar Bio-Tech Inc.
6.9 Xian Tonking Biotech Co. Ltd
6.10 Niutang Europe BV
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Monk Fruit Corp.
- Guilin LAYN Natural Ingredients Corp.
- Tate and Lyle
- Hunan Huacheng Biotech Inc.
- Organic Herb Inc.
- Acetar Bio-Tech Inc.
- Xian Tonking Biotech Co. Ltd
- Niutang Europe BV