Growing Demand for Molybdenum Bearings
- The growing demand for molybdenum bearings in the steel and chemical sectors is alleviating its prices. This is expected to benefit the molybdenum market to a great extent. Additionally, the increase in industrial activities, accompanied by the infrastructural expansion in countries, like China, India, and Indonesia, are expected to witness a growth in demand for steel, which is likely to drive the market for molybdenum during the forecast period. The deceleration of demand from the Chinese oil & gas sector due to the decline in exploration and production activities, where molybdenum steel bearings are heavily used, may hamper the growth of the molybdenum market.
Growing Demand from End-user Industries
Molybdenum is heavily required in steel for the building and construction sector, and the growth of the construction market in Asia-Pacific is likely to boost the demand for molybdenum. The growing steel consumption in end-user industries including the automotive and transportation sector is expected to account for a huge share in the market. With the growing demand for lightweight and electronic vehicles globally, there has been a huge increase in the total automotive production. These levels are expected to rise further, boosting the demand for steel, which in turn, is expected to benefit the market for molybdenum during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Dominates the Market
Asia-Pacific is expected to have the largest market globally for molybdenum during the forecast period. The rapid industrialization and rising consumption are expected to boost the market. Additionally, steel manufacturing in emerging economies, such as China and India, is expected to further augment the growth of the molybdenum market during the forecast period.
Key Developments in the Market
August 2017: China Molybdenum is on the lookout for cheap mines overseas after fundraising.
The major players include Freeport-McMoRan, Codelco, Grupo México, China Molybdenum, and Thompson Creek Metals Company, Inc., amongst others.
Reason to Purchase the Report
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s Five Forces Analysis.
- To understand the dominating segments in the market.
- Identify the countries expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3-month analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
Customization of the Report
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
3.3 Feedstock Analysis
3.3.1 Global Capacity by Key Feedstock
3.4 Technological Snapshot
3.5 Trade Analysis
3.6 Regulatory Policy Analysis
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increasing Industrial Acitivites in China
4.1.2 Growing Demand from the Energy Sector
4.1.3 Increasing Demand for Molybdenum-bearing in Steel and Chemicals
4.2.1 Decline in Demand from China's Oil & Gas Industry
4.3.1 Rising Metal Demands in North America
4.3.2 Low Input Prices in Oil
4.3.3 Increase in Mining Activities in Brazil and other Latin American Countries
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By End Products
5.1.5 Nickel Alloys
5.2 By End-user Industry
5.2.1 Oil & Gas
5.2.2 Chemical and Petrochemical
5.2.4 Industrial Usage
5.2.5 Building & Construction
5.2.6 Aerospace and Defense
6. Regional Market Analysis
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2 North America
6.2.1 United States
6.2.4 Rest of North America
6.3.2 United Kingdom
6.3.5 Rest of Europe
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5 Middle East & Africa
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.2 South Africa
6.5.3 Rest of Middle East & Africa
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
7.2 Market Share Analysis**
7.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & Services, and Recent Developments)
8.1 Anglo American PLC
8.2 Antofagasta PLC
8.3 China Molybdenum Co., Ltd
8.6 Grupo México
8.8 Rio Tinto
8.9 Thompson Creek Metals Company, Inc.
*List not Exhaustive
9. Future of the Market
**Subject to Availability in Public Domain