The North Western region of Peru is the best performing region. Lima district, Piura and La Libertad together generate 51.7% of Peru’s total GDP and consist of 42.8% of the population.
Services contributed (69.9%) to the gross value added (GVA) in 2016, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilities (23.4%). In nominal terms, the two sectors are expected to grow by 1.4% and 2%, respectively in 2017
- Spain continues to be leading investor in Peru with a share of 18.5% in 2015, closely followed by United Kingdom at 17.9% share in total FDI inflows.
- The upward rising trend of the index indicates acceleration of the economic activity in the country. The index rose from 15,766 in February 21, 2017 to 20,730.6 in February 20, 2018.
- Peru ranked 53rd out of 136 nations in the MLCRI Q3 2017. The country’s score is in the low risk nations band (30-40)
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Did you Know?
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Peru's Performance In Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Latin America and the World
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: SP/BVL PERU GEN
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows, Greenfield Investments and FDI by Sector’s Share (2016)
Exhibit 7: Investment by Sector and Country, 2016
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2016)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2013-2016
Exhibit 14: Total Ores, Slag and Ash, % of World Total, 2016
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation
Exhibit 17: Public Finance
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages, 2012-16
Exhibit 21: Labor Cost Index
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 24: Gender Split
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 27: Expenditure on R&D (% OF GDP)
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Peru 2018
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions