FUTURE VERTICAL LIFT (FVL)
Future vertical lift (FVL) is an initiative taken by the US Armed Forces to develop the family of military aircrafts in the country. The US Army started this in 2004, and five different types of aircrafts are being developed that have common engines, sensors, avionics and countermeasures. The future vertical lift (FVL) plans are to develop replacements for UH-60 Black Hawk, AH-64 Apache, CH-47 Chinook and OH-58 Kiowa helicopters which will lead to the growth of the market. The precursor for this plan is the Joint Multi-Role (JMR) which would provide technological demonstrations for 2017.
Boeing CH-47 Chinook is an American heavy-lift rotorcraft that has a twin-engine. The primary objective of this rotorcraft is for troop movement, artillery placement and battlefield resupply. The FVL plan will introduce the next generation of CH-47 Chinook and launch the FVL-Light or FVL-Medium by 2018. After decades of service, US army rotorcrafts are wearing out, and there has been a necessity for upgrading the fleet with the latest advancements. According to the US Armed Services Committee, the JMR is planned in three different configurations, i.e., JMR-Light, JMR-Medium and JMR-Heavy.
The configurations planned are:
- JMR-Light: Scout version would replace the OH-58 Kiowa, planned for 2030.
- JMR-Medium: Utility and attack versions would replace the UH-60 Black Hawk and AH-64 Apache and launch is planned for 2027–28.
- JMR-Heavy: Cargo version would replace the CH-47 Chinook. Although Boeing expects its introduction in 2060, it has been planned for launch by 2035.
- JMR-Ultra: New ultra-sized version for vertical lift aircraft with performance similar to fixed-wing tactical transport aircraft, such as the C-130J Super Hercules and the Airbus A400M Atlas and introduction is planned for 2025
December, 2017: The US Army shall acquire 150 Bell Helicopters rotorcraft for transferring to other US government agencies and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) customers.
Major Players: AUGUSTA WESTLAND NV, BELL HELICOPTER TEXTRON INC., SIKORSKY AIRCRAFT, EUROCOPTER SAS, BOEING, KOREA AEROSPACE INDUSTRIES (KAI), HINDUSTAN AERONAUTICS LIMITED (HAL), amongst others.
Reasons to purchase this report
1. Provides latest insights into the military rotorcraft market.
2. Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
3. Regional analysis of the market
4. Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
5. 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
Customization of the Report
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Research Phase
1.2 Scope of the market
1.3 Study Deliverables
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview and Trends
3.2 Market Trends
3.3 Porter's Five Force Framework
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Supplier
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
3.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Future Vertical Lift (FVL)
4.1.2 Growing demand for military rotorcrafts worldwide
4.2.1 Increasing costs of developing military rotorcrafts
4.3.1 Advancements in technology leading to newer and better rotorcrafts
5. Global Military Rotorcraft Market, Segmented by Type
5.1 Attack Helicopters
5.2 Maritime Helicopters
5.3 Reconnaisance Helicopters
5.4 Training Helicopters
5.5 Transport Helicopters
5.6 Multi-mission Helicopters
6. Global Military Rotorcraft Market, Segmented by Geography
6.1 North America
6.1.1 United States
6.2.6 Rest of Europe
6.3.4 South Korea
6.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.4 South America
6.5 Africa & Middle-East
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.3 South Africa
6.5.5 Rest of Africa & Middle-East
7. Competitive Landscape
7.2 Market Structure & Analysis
8. Company Profiles
8.1 Augusta Westland NV
8.2 Bell Helicopter Textron Inc.
8.3 Sikorsky Aircraft
8.4 Eurocopter SAS
8.6 Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI)
8.7 Changhe Aircraft Industries Corporation
8.8 Hidustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
8.9 MD Helicopters
8.10 Turkish Aerospace Industries
8.11 Russian Helicpters
8.13 CAE Inc.
8.14 Airbus Helicopters
8.15 Lockheed Martin Corporation
9. Future Outlook of the Market