Numerical Methods: Using MATLAB, Fourth Edition, provides a clear, rigorous introduction to a wide range of numerical methods and their practical applications. The authors integrate MATLAB with numerical analyses to help readers develop familiarity with the tool. MATLAB graphics are used extensively to clarify complex problems and give deeper understanding, and hundreds of useful and important numerical algorithms are included. Worked examples, exercises and solutions help illustrate how methods can be used to study problems that have applications in the biosciences, chaos, optimization, engineering, and in science across the board.
- Features over 500 numerical algorithms and their fundamental principles and applications
- Includes new chapters on Neural Computing and Wavelet Analysis
- Contains new problems and worked examples throughout
- Provides a user-friendly resource that is written in a conversational style
1. An Introduction to Matlab 2. Linear Equations and Eigensystems 3. Solution of Nonlinear Equations 4. Differentiation and Integration 5. Solution of Differential Equations 6. Boundary Value Problems 7. Analyzing Data 8. Analyzing Data using Discrete Transforms 9. Optimization Methods 10. Applications of the Symbolic Toolbox
George Lindfield is a former lecturer in Mathematics and Computing at the School of Engineering and Applied Science, Aston University in the United Kingdom.
John Penny is an Emeritus Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the School of Engineering and Applied Science, Aston University in the United Kingdom.