The scope of the report includes insights about several products offered by major players. The end user segment has been included with foundries, inter-level dielectric material (IDM), and outsourced semiconductor assembly and test (OSAT). The regions included in this study are North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
In recent years, dielectric etch processes have increasingly been carried out in different types of chambers, depending on the customers’ etch requirements and commercial limitations. For dielectric etching, where etch rate is not a major driver, traditional diode-type chambers are used, else the high-density-plasma systems are used. In some cases, manufacturers have added magnetic enhancement to these basic systems, in order to reduce sidewall loses and confine the plasma. With increasing demand for high-performance chipsets in mobile devices and faster semiconductor manufacturing techniques, dielectric etching is increasingly becoming popular with foundries.
Collaboration Among OSAT Players, Manufacturers and Foundries to Change the Game
In the past few years, dramatic changes have taken place in the supply chain of semiconductor industries. The semiconductor industry is no longer dominated by the largest players. Companies are not just concentrating on the existing strategies, as competing performance and price is not the only concern. Increasing public concern regarding data capture, is pushing companies to provide higher control to consumers.
Semiconductor companies must be able to distinguish their products in new ways. The ability to partner with downstream players is considered to be one of the biggest factors to achieve this differentiation. Collaboration of huge companies, like Google, Amazon, Tesla, Microsoft, and AMD, with several major foundries in the market indicating shift in market trends. On the other hand, many consumer electronics companies investing in R&D activities, in order to produce their own hardware to reduce their costs, is also fueling the demand for dielectric etchers around the globe.
Key Developments in the Market
- March 2018 - Advanced Micro-Fabrication Equipment Inc. (AMEC) unveiled the Primo nanova system (nanova) - the company's first inductively coupled plasma (ICP) etcher for high-volume front-end production of memory and logic ICs.
Reasons to Purchase the Repor:t
- Impact of growing applications across several end users, such as consumer electronics, automotive, and industrial
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Growth of various products, such as memory, logic, sensors, etc.
- Regional analysis of the market
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 -month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.2.1 Increased consumption of electronics
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market
4.2.1 High technology costs
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.5.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Global Dielectric Etcher Market Segmentation
5.1 By Product
5.1.1 High-power Dielectric Etchers
5.1.2 Low-power Dielectric Etchers
5.2 By End User
5.2.2 Interlevel Dielectric Material (IDM)
5.2.3 Outsourced Semiconductor Assembly and Test (OSAT)
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
6.1 Applied Materials
6.2 Hitachi High-Technologies
6.3 Lam Research
6.4 Tokyo Electron
6.5 Mattson Technologies
6.7 JUSUNG ENGINEERING
6.8 Oxford Instruments
6.10 SPTS Technologies
7. Investment Analysis
8. Outlook of the Dielectric Etcher Market