Connected devices and other wireless technologies like Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, are some of the features integrated in smart gadgets and devices for communicating with other devices. Several integrated circuits need to be incorporated in a single chip module for reducing the board space and cost. Miniaturization of electronic devices and the rapid growth of smartphones and tablets are also expected to influence the demand of the market.
Expanding Market for Smartphones, Tablets, and Gaming Devices
Advanced transformations of the consumer electronics require manufacturers to improve the offerings in terms of design, processing power, power consumption, and user interface, frequently. Such upgrades in consumer electronics will require the use of robust technology. 3D TSV is the core of integrated chip packaging on a nanometer scale ensuring robust hardware for technology. Shipments of smartphones is expected to reach 2 billion units by 2020, majorly due to the availability of low-cost smartphones in developing nations, such as China and India.
Asia-Pacific to Occupy a Significant Market Share
Countries, like China, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Singapore, and Australia have recorded high levels of manufacturing in the consumer electronics, automotive, and transportation sectors, which a key source of demand for 3D TSV and 2.5D market in the region. The rising popularity of smartphones and demand for new memory technologies has increased the growth of computationally intensive consumer electronics, thereby creating a wide range of opportunities in this region. Asia-Pacific is one of the most active manufacturing hubs in the world.
Key Developments in the Market
- March 2017 - Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc., and Cadence Design Systems, Inc., announced they have collaborated to release a System-in-Package (SiP) EDA solution, that addresses the challenges of designing and verifying Fan-Out Chip-on-Substrate (FOCoS) multi-die packages.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Impact of growing demand for smartphones and tablets.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Growth of various products such as - MEMS, Sensors, and Optpelectronics.
- Regional analysis of the market.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2.1 Expanding Market for Smartphones, Tablets, and Gaming Devices
4.2.2 Rising Trend of Miniaturization of Electronics Devices
4.3.1 High Unit Cost of 3D IC and 2.5D IC Packages
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Industry Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.5.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Global 3D TSV and 2.5D IC Market - Segmentation
5.1 By Technology
5.1.1 3D Wafer-Level Chip-Scale Packaging (WLCSP)
5.1.2 3D TSV
5.2 By Product Type
5.2.2 Imaging & Optoelectronics
5.2.6 Power, Analog and Mixed Signal, RF, and Photonics
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
6.1 Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited
6.2 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd
6.3 Toshiba Corp.
6.4 Pure Storage Inc.
6.5 ASE Group
6.6 Amkor Technology
6.7 United Microelectronics Corp.
6.8 STMicroelectronics NV
6.9 Broadcom Ltd
6.10 Intel Corporation.
6.11 Jiangsu Changing Electronics Technology Co. Ltd
*List not exhaustive
7. Investment Analysis
8. Outlook of 3D TSV and 2.5D IC Market
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd
- Toshiba Corp.
- Pure Storage Inc.
- Advanced Semiconductor Engineering Inc.
- Amkor Technology
- United Microelectronics Corp.
- STMicroelectronics NV
- Broadcom Ltd
- Intel Corporation
- Jiangsu Changing Electronics Technology Co. Ltd