Seafood is considered one of the healthy sources of animal protein. As prawns are one of the most popular seafood types, shifting food habits towards the consumption of seafood has provided a thrust to the global prawn market. Moreover, prawns form an essential part of the staple diets of many regions, especially those near the seashore. Since the people living in these regions are largely dependent on prawns for their protein intake, this has resulted in a large consumer-base. Some of the other factors that have contributed to the growth of the global prawn market are the convenience attached with processed prawns available in ready-to-eat packaging, increasing urban population in the developing regions, and rapid growth of aquaculture across the globe. Further, the market is expected to reach a volume of 6 Million Tons by 2023, growing at a CAGR of more than 3.8% during 2018-2023.
This report provides a deep insight into the global prawn industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a prawn processing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the prawn industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global prawn market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global prawn industry?
- What are the major species in the global prawn industry?
- What are the major types of processed prawns in the global prawn industry?
- What are the price trends of prawn?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global prawn industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global prawn industry?
- What is the structure of the global prawn industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global prawn industry?
- What are the profit margins in the global prawn industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a prawn processing plant?
- How are prawns processed?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a prawn processing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a prawn processing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a prawn processing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a prawn processing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for prawns?
- What are the transportation requirements for prawns?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a prawn processing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a prawn processing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a prawn processing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a prawn processing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a prawn processing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a prawn processing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1Objectives of the Study
3. Executive Summary
4.2Key Industry Trends
5. Global Prawn Industry
5.3.1 Price Trends
5.3.2 Price Indicators
5.3.3 Price Structure
5.4Market Breakup by Region
5.4.1Major Prawn Producing Regions
5.4.2Major Prawn Consuming Regions
5.5Market Breakup by Species
5.6Market Breakup by Prawn Size
5.6Global Imports and Exports
5.8Processed Prawn Imports: Breakup by Type
6. Global Prawn Industry: SWOT Analysis
7. Global Prawn Industry: Value Chain Analysis
7.1Broodstock and Hatchery
7.5Large Scale Industrial Processing
8. Global Prawn Industry: Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
8.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
8.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
8.4 Degree of Rivalry
8.5 Threat of New Entrants
8.6 Threat of Substitutes
9. Global Prawn Industry: Key Success Factors
10. Competitive Landscape
10.2Profiles of Key Players
11. Prawn Processing
11.2Detailed Process Flow
11.3Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
11.4Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
12. Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
12.1Land Requirements and Expenditures
12.2Construction Requirements and Expenditures
12.5Raw Materials Requirements and Expenditures
12.6Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
12.7Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
12.8Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
12.9Utilities Requirements and Expenditures
12.10Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
12.11Other Capital Investments
13. Loans and Financial Assistance
14. Project Economics
14.1Capital Cost of the Project
14.3Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
14.4Taxation and Depreciation